Menu
PETER1616
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

No 4G after refresh date on iphone5

I have switched to a 4G sim and waited until my refresh date but  I have no 4G,signal, only 3G. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jumper
Tuning in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No 4G after refresh date on iphone5

Re your no 4G connection. Sign in to your account and check your account details and make sure you are detailed as being on a 4G package. 

I upgraded to the 4G service in December for both my wife and my accounts. the new 4G sims arrived  and were fitted to the phones. My wife's Phone works and is registered on 4G as is stated on her account details. My phone is still on 3G and cannot access the 4G network. the difference being that when I go to my account it states that I am on a starter account and not 4G.  That is the problem in my case as they have not allowed me access to the 4G network.

After four calls to correct errors in my package and a letter of complaint I am still not on 4G, and before you ask both my wife's and my phones are identical Samsung's, and all settings on the phones are correct. The problem in my case is virgin mobile and I am in the process of writing to the mobile ombudsman to complain as they will not respond to my letter of complaint. Hope you get it sorted if the service works its fine, if it doesn't work and you have to phone to ask for Virgin help you get palmed off to some foreigner who hasn't a clue how to resolve the issue. Good luck Peter

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi PETER1616,

I'm sorry to hear that this still isn't working for you. Please get in touch with our Mobile Technical Support Team direct by calling in on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone). 

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi PETER1616,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry that your 4G isn't working on your iPhone 5. Is this working for you now? 

If this isn't working for you yet, I just need to verify that you've rebooted your iPhone. If you are still not getting the 4G signal, please make sure your device is updated to the latest IOS version 10.2

Once this has completed, please go to Settings> General > About  a message will pop up asking to update the carrier settings ( version 27.1), select Update. Once this has been done it will display 4G.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Cadman
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I had this problem with my daughters iphone 5c, was told to turn of phone, take out sim card, wait 10 seconds, put sim card back in, switch phone back on, then go to settings, mobile, then choose LTE option apparently this is 4G.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
PETER1616
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

Thanks for your reply

My phone has been updated IOS 10.2, I have switched my phone off, taken the sim out, put it back in, checked my settings, and no 4G displayed, and no update message in settings, my software says that it is up to date.

0 Kudos
PETER1616
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply

My phone has been updated IOS 10.2, I have switched my phone off, taken the sim out, put it back in, checked my settings, and no 4G displayed, and no update message in settings, my software says that it is up to date. I cannot see any LTE option.

0 Kudos
jumper
Tuning in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re your no 4G connection. Sign in to your account and check your account details and make sure you are detailed as being on a 4G package. 

I upgraded to the 4G service in December for both my wife and my accounts. the new 4G sims arrived  and were fitted to the phones. My wife's Phone works and is registered on 4G as is stated on her account details. My phone is still on 3G and cannot access the 4G network. the difference being that when I go to my account it states that I am on a starter account and not 4G.  That is the problem in my case as they have not allowed me access to the 4G network.

After four calls to correct errors in my package and a letter of complaint I am still not on 4G, and before you ask both my wife's and my phones are identical Samsung's, and all settings on the phones are correct. The problem in my case is virgin mobile and I am in the process of writing to the mobile ombudsman to complain as they will not respond to my letter of complaint. Hope you get it sorted if the service works its fine, if it doesn't work and you have to phone to ask for Virgin help you get palmed off to some foreigner who hasn't a clue how to resolve the issue. Good luck Peter

0 Kudos
PETER1616
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply

My phone has been updated IOS 10.2, I have switched my phone off, taken the sim out, put it back in, checked my settings, and no 4G displayed, and no update message in settings, my software says that it is up to date.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi PETER1616,

I'm sorry that your 4G still isn't working on your mobile. When you log into your online account, does it show that you are on a 4G contract?

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry that you've had ongoing problems with getting the correct 4G tariff updated for your mobile.

I'd like to look into this for you, but I'll need to take more information from you first. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
PETER1616
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it says:-

4G 5000mins + 20GB

0 Kudos