Menu
dazw30
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No 4G Service

Has anyone with a iPhone 7 getting a 4G service from Virgin. I've had 4G enabled on my account from 07/12/16, had a 4G sim delivered & put in phone & all phone is showing is 3G. iPhone is enabled on LTE. Had another Sim card delivered today & still iPhone will only show 3G. Have been to various locations & phone will not show a 4G signal. Been in touch with Customer services who are next to useless. How can I take this higher to get this resolved  as i'm paying for something I'm not getting.

Any help please.

0 Kudos
Mark_S1
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No 4G Service

Hi. There's a few checks that we should be doing when you speak to us:

1. You should have a 4G compatible phone with the 4G turned on (which is called LTE on some phones like your Iphone, and the setting on your phone would be under Settings > Mobile data > mobile data options ) You've covered this in your post.
  2. You should have had a new SIM sent to you and activated. You've covered this in your post too.

3. You need to have changed onto a 4G tariff, with the 4G tariff currently active, not just waiting to change. We should be checking that when you call us.

The third thing is the thing most likely to be causing an issue if you've tried it in various different areas, but this can only really be checked by viewing your account, and then it can be further confirmed by the technical team that you are definitely on a 4G plan as you should be.

(The mobile technical team can verify that the plan is truly set up as 4G by consulting with another team.)

And if all these things have been done, the last thing to rule out would be coverage, and the 100% sure way of doing this is being in the same area as someone on Virgin or EE 4G ,and see if they have 4G.

If ALL of these things have been ruled out, we'd finally look at the phone side of things by trying SIM swaps etc (as your SIM seems to have been replaced from your wording)

I'll be looking out for replies to see what happens. I do work for Virgin customer services, but I'm on here unofficially, just trying to help.

I work for Virgin customer services, but I'm on here unofficially - just trying to help :-)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No 4G Service

Hi dazw30

Sorry to hear you are not currently achieving a 4G connection on your device.

I would like to take a closer look for you and see if I can help get this sorted.

Shortly I will send you a PM with further details, you can access this by clicking the envelope towards the top right corner.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos