Menu
PJH1981BCFC
Tuning in
Message 1 of 43
Flag for a moderator

No 3G

Hi,

I have had no 3G since I got up at 6am this morning, I have travelled 60 miles in distance and still have no 3G, is anyone else experiencing this issue?  Turned data on and off, turned phone on and off, turned airlane mode on and off, still no joy.

Journey started in Worcester - No 3G, currently in Lichfield - No 3G

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jenni3487
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 43
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No 3G

I just spoke to retentions and they said that an engineer is working on it and it should be fixed by 5 at the latest, but most likely earlier and to periodically turn the phone off and on throughout the day to check if it is fixed.
I turned my phone off and on again after the call just to see if anything happens and as if by magic it was back and is working as it should, I am using my mobile internet not WiFi to send this post. So I would suggest either turning your phone off and on or speaking to retentions. Hope everyone's 3G is up and working soon

All Replies
Barra99
Tuning in
Message 2 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Same here, no 3G in Rugby and Coventry this morning.

0 Kudos
LauraM1969
Joining in
Message 3 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Hi I've had same problem.  I'm in Northants.  Even did a complete re-set on my iPhone.  Still no 3G.  I'm in Northants. 

0 Kudos
Barra99
Tuning in
Message 4 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Same here, no 3G in Rugby and Coventry this morning. Tried the same things, phone on and off, data on and off etc etc and no joy.

0 Kudos
Shaf
Joining in
Message 5 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here in Nottingham, no data.  I have restarted phone, tried everything.  Just contact another friend that's on virgin too, who is in Nottingham too, same issue no data.

Seams like the issue is virgin's end, as usual.  Lets hope they resolve it soon.

0 Kudos
pclimie
Joining in
Message 6 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Down for me all morning in Glasgow.
0 Kudos
Barra99
Tuning in
Message 7 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Anyone else spoke to Virgin about this ? seems to be a countrywide issue but not affecting everyone, apparently it went down about 3am and they are aware of it and working to fix it, doesn't really help though. Guy on the phone was a bit vague but they are hoping to get it fixed by lunchtime today, but nothing guaranteed.

StevenR
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 43
Flag for a moderator

I'm experiencing the same in Birmingham (Perry Barr) so it doesn't actually seem like a regional issue. What I am seeing is that the symbol next to the mobile signal indicator which says 3G,H,etc. is greyed out the way it would be if on WiFi even when not connected to WiFi.Does this sound like the same as the rest of you are seeing?

0 Kudos
Mez90b
Tuning in
Message 9 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

Same in Nottingham
No data at all (2g or 3g)
since at least 7am (2-sept-2016)

-have restarted the device
-checked the APN
-turned data off/on

... update  just called 789 theres a 10+minute wait to get through to someone so i didnt wait on hold but the recorded message sounds like they know about the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

Apologies for the loss of mobile data, this is currently being investigated.

As soon as we have any further news we'll let you know.

Rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos