Menu
hannahevickers
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No 3G

Looking at the signal strength on the website everything is supposed to be excellent, however I am constantly in no service and so are the rest of the whole family who are also on virgin. I have tried to contact Virgin but they couldn't give me any other answers. This has been happening for nearly over a month now. Anyone have any ideas on what to do? I have already reset my phone and changed airplane mode and other network settings.
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No 3G

Have you checked the EE website for coverage? It's the one to use, what make and model of phone do you have?

0 Kudos
hannahevickers
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have looked at the ee webpage and it keeps changing. It has said previously that there has been a fault and should be fixed in 5-12days but nothing has changed. I have an iPhone 6s
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Go back into the network setting and ensure you are looking for a 3G service, if you are only looking for a 4G service it will never find one, if there are two virgin options, one a lower case v the other an upper case V then try them both, this works for some not others, the lower case v should be better but the only way to try........

Cant help on the setting as I've never owned an iPhone

0 Kudos
hannahevickers
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have tried to reset the network, and look for it but as it isn't just me, in the house none of us have signal, and 4 of us are on Virgin, 1 on EE and none of us have any service, no 3G, or 4G. we know it works as when we go down the road the signal is small 1 bar. We are all having a problem. we have called up Virgin and all they can suggest is changing the sim card or working with the network settings. None of which have made a difference.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If there is no change after searching nor the network, did you have decent coverage in the post, if so then should the issue be down to the network, turning the mast, changing it's
Use from 3 to 4 g ( virgin don't use 4g, only on business accounts) then you have a good case to get you contract scrapped, it's a difficult and time consuming process as most agents on the phone will have no idea about it. I'd consider visiting Martin Lewis's website and find the complaints but and use them to do it for you, as they have all the rules and regs and can help if you have a case
0 Kudos