Menu
Ian2345
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

No 3G signal and poor 2G signal indoors

I have noticed EE have an indoor coverage solutuion called Signal Box.

http://business.ee.co.uk/public-sector/products/coverage-solutions/signal-box

Will my Virgin Mobile phone work with this Signal Box?

Are Virgin Mobile planning to create an app similar to O2 TU Go app which allows you make calls over wifi?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=es.tid.gconnect&hl=en

Virgin Mobile coverage is poor in my house.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Krystal_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: No 3G signal and poor 2G signal indoors

Hi Ian2345,

Thanks for your query. I'm currently looking into this and will let you know more when I do.

Many thanks.

Krystal Evans
Mobile Help & Support Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Krystal_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Ian2345,

Thanks for your patience. As the EE signal box hasn't been tested by Virgin, we're unable to fully know whether it would work on our network. As such, we're unable to support any issues you have with the signal box but its use is under your discretion.

We're also working on a new application called Virgin SmartCall which allows customers with Virgin Media landlines to use their landline minutes on their mobile via Wi-Fi. Currently, there isn't an official release date on this but something to keep in mind Smiley Happy

Many thanks.

Krystal Evans
Mobile Help & Support Forum Team

0 Kudos
AlecR
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I know you asked this a long time ago, but I can confirm that the EE signal box DOES work with Virgin mobile phones.
0 Kudos
sbrownphoto
Settling in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Another option from a company Ive found and also now purchased an item from.

I have very poor signal in the house (1 - 2 bars and no service in the back half of the house), so I've just ordered one of these and should be here in a couple of days to help with boosting the signal around the home.

http://mobilesignal.co.uk/products/165/iBoost-GSM-1800/

Comes with a 30 day guarantee so if it doesn't give the results stated you can return for a full refund. Seems fair.

I just moved to Virgin Mobile from Vodafone and had their SureSignal so lets hope it works the same.

0 Kudos
mronks
Dialled in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Mobile repeaters are illegal to use in the UK...
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

mronks wrote:
Mobile repeaters are illegal to use in the UK...

The manufacturer states that they are exempt from licencing in the UK:

..."Ofcom states that a licence is required to operate a product broadcasting in a mobile carriers radio spectrum. The reason for this is to avoid interference in the providers networks. However, as can be seen in Sec 1.2 in the link below, taken directly from the Ofcom website, our products are exempt from such licensing requirements, as they do not cause any such network interference.

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/consultations/devices/summary

Indeed, many of our customers are referred to us directly from the network providers themselves, reflecting our trusted position within this industry"....

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
coopso
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

AlecR wrote:
I know you asked this a long time ago, but I can confirm that the EE signal box DOES work with Virgin mobile phones.

Hi AlecR, can I ask if you had to do anything in order to make the EE signal box work with your Virgin phone? I have read that registration of some kind is required and obv don't want to buy something I cannot use. Many thanks, Paul

0 Kudos
coopso
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

coopso wrote:

Hi AlecR, can I ask if you had to do anything in order to make the EE signal box work with your Virgin phone? I have read that registration of some kind is required and obv don't want to buy something I cannot use. Many thanks, Paul

Hrrumph

Well I went ahead and bought one but so far it is not working. I have called EE to request activation however they are not willing to activate a second hand device. Can anyone offer any guidance on how to get the box activated please?

thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rita-B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your post Smiley Happy

Only EE can activate the signal box as it is their product. The EE signal box has not been tested with Virgin, and we're unable to fully know whether it would work on our network. As Krystal_E mentioned, we're unable to support any issues you have with the signal box but its use is under your discretion.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

Rita B
Help & Support Forum Team

0 Kudos