Menu
glenda76
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Nightmare sorting an upgrade (outsourced centre especially)

So I have 2 pay monthly and 2 PAYGs on one account.

I wanted to upgrade one of the PAYGs to the special Sim Only deal for £5. I saw it when I was topping up the PAYG online on the 31st of August and thought it was a great deal.

Followed the link to upgrade and put it into the basket, went to the checkout and put in the payment method, that's where it went wrong.

I received an error message saying I must call through to customer services. So i did. I spoke to a very chirpy sounding lady who said the payment had frozen for whatever reason and that she would clear this (which takes about half an hour) and she would call me back to complete the process. Just to add this is still on the 31st Aug.

She never called me back, so on the 2nd September I called again. This time I got through to the out source call centre. Trying to explain what had happened was painful, the language barrier was quite significant and I have a very clear and easy to understand voice. I was offered lots of questions for clarification but none were even close to what I was explaining. Eventually the agent seemed to understand (or I think he did, but I was finding it difficult to understand him also) that the order was parked but not that I had already spoken to someone about the same issue. In the end (the call was 35 minutes long) I settled for a ticket being raised for the issue, that will be resolved in 3-5 days, then I would get a call back.

Annoying, I have to still keep topping up while this issue is being resolved. The whole reason I wanted Sim only is so I wasn't spending a load topping up. I said this at the end of the call and was just told "that's right". I rephrased it and asked "...Is there any way you could approve the pay monthly sim and advance credit?" and again got in response "yes that's right", at which point I gave up as I was fed up.

Again I never received a call and the order is still parked. So today (14th September), I called again. I was told by the agent that upgrading a PAYG to Sim only monthly is only available in store!?! That was the reason it locked. If that's the case then why have the offer and the function available online? The agent was very good in explaining everything and seemed very knowledgeable. He said that it would need to be resolved by the sales team. He got one on the line and again it was the out source centre. Luckily the agent had already been briefed. I was told that it would need to be cleared first and she will be calling me back in 24-72 hours. I asked what exactly is happening, what will take 24-72 hours and was told "yes, very sorry 24-72 hours". So I rephrased and asked is the first transaction being cancelled and a new one being set up? is that what we are waiting for? "no, so expect my call in 24-72 hours", so I'm not any wiser in what's happening.

So now waiting to see what happens, for now I'll be topping up again. Difficult conversations with no resolution as of yet.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nightmare sorting an upgrade (outsourced centre especially)

Hi glenda76,

Thanks for postingSmiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having upgrading with us. Totally appreciate this is frustrating for you.

I can see you've mentioned your awaiting a call back from our mobile team. Can you let me know how the call back goes and if there's any further issues just let me know.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
glenda76
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Stephen_B

Unsurprisingly 3rd time, still no call back. I'm loosing faith to be frank.

Two monthly phones (trying to make it 3) and a PAYG. With the amount of providers out there, it's only laziness that has so far stopped me switching.

0 Kudos
glenda76
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still no phone call. Third time in a row that nobody has called me back after promising to. 😒
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Glenda76,

Sorry to hear that you've still not received a callback from our team regarding this. I want to get this all sorted for you as soon as possible.

I've sent you a PM so I can get this all checked out for you.

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
glenda76
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mat,

I called the customer service centre again last night. Finally had the issue resolved by an excellent agent named Abraham (in Retentions department). 

At about 2030 last night had confirmation on the mobile and account so finally up and running. Aside from Abraham every conversation had been laboured and long. I know you probably have loads of really good agents but sadly a lot of them are awful as well. A shame nobody called me back either, really makes me loose trust in the company.

So 3 weeks 4 calls about about an hour plus on the phone to sort a (what seemed to be) a simple issue. 

Thanks Mat and Stephen though (and most definitely Abraham). 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Glenda76,

Glad to hear this is all sorted for you.

I'm sorry it took so long for a resolution to be reached. This isn't what we like to see at all on our side.

A big well done to Abraham for all the good work he did for you Smiley Happy

Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else at all.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
billshake
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have had the very same problem,with 4 accounts of mine tried to upgrade 2 of them. I have had too give up trying because it was just one hell of a "NIGHTMARE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Billshake,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to see that you've had some trouble with upgrading the phones. Can you let me know what happened on the phone?

We can assess what needs to be done going forward to make it happen for you.

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Billshake,

How are you getting on with this?

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos