Menu
RobinHough
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Nexus 5 (LG D821) - Phone settings

Hi,

Just ported to Virgin today, Nexus 5 (LG D821) trying to set up for text and MMS, model number is not showing in the mobile list, so not able to receive them via text settings, anyone able to supply settings for text, mms and voicemail etc..

Robin

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nexus 5 (LG D821) - Phone settings

Hi Robin,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you're having some issues with the Nexus 5. I want to get this all sorted for you. Can you let me know the settings you see on the page in front of you so I can provide you with everything you need?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
RobinHough
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Settings sort of sorted now, managed to Google most of them and Almost everything is working except voicemail, (did not set it up before porting across - DoH!)

The only thing is voicemail, 222 just gets a "call ended" message, have been on 789 2 or 3 times now and the resets are not working, even with phone re-boots and SIM in / out, waiting 24 hours etc. I was told to enter *#67# and get the voicemail number that way and enter it manually, but the response to *#67# is a list of multiple services "not forwarded" there are no numbers at all.

When I go to phone / SIM settings the Phone number shown in the menu is the original SIM number before I ported my old number across, this cant be right can it?

Any help with voicemail greatly appreciated, where I work we are not allowed personal phones during work hours and voicemail is a lifeline for me.

0 Kudos
RobinHough
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Post updated, sorry missed the reply button

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi RobinHough

you would need to speak to tech support if the voicemail isn't working. They are one of a few departments that can change voicemail settings,
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos