Menu
alan7070
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New voicemail options

Without any prior warning there seems to have been some sort of change to the voicemail system. It has always been quite an inflexible and limited service with a very low bitrate provided for greetings and messages so an upgrade was welcome.

My greeting was wiped which is fair enough on a new system, but after recording it again there was only marginal improvement in quality. There seems to be limited improvement in voicemail quality (if any?) and they are now saved for just 3 days with no long term option.

I also notice that listening to a full voicemail message no longer marks it as saved. I do like that you can now skip to the next voicemail during playback which other providers have offered for years.

There is one deal breaker though. I cannot find the message envelope/info option which was previously 5. It’s a very basic requirement to provide the number of the caller (if available) and I used this option all the time. 

Can someone clarify if the message info option has been dropped permanently?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New voicemail options

Alan, as Virin have been advertising this new but still 2nd rate voicemail system, I'd guess we are stuck with no message envelope. Funny you mentioned it wiped your message, mine remained the same, sounds about right inconsistent to the end.

alan7070
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New voicemail options

Tech support don’t seem to know why the message envelope option is missing or if it will return.

0 Kudos