Menu
Berkohoop
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

New upgraded voice mail is anything but

since the 'upgrade ', my voice mail service has been awful. 

To summarize,

• I only have space for 3 messages at most, if anyone tries to leave another voice mail, it will not work, it is  lost.
  • voice mails will only be kept for 3 days and not the previous 21

I have spoken to Virgin Mobile support 5 times now and still no joy. One person even suggested that I buy a new phone.

I spoke to someone last night who told me that Virgin have had huge issues when moving their voice mails to a new platform and then told me that the 3 days for retaining messages is correct. She was surprised when I told her the web site said 21 and that I could also store a whopping 50 messages in my inbox.

I was promised a call back but, as usual, that didn't happen.

This new service is not an upgrade, it is poor and unreliable, to the extent that Virgin Mobile are blatantly misrepresenting the service.

I don't know what else to do, voice mails are crucial to me. The after 15 years to find a new provider I think which is not what I want to do

Berkohoop

i

0 Kudos
Berkohoop
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: New upgraded voice mail is anything but

An update. Virgin Mobile's tech team rang back last night - the issue is being escalated. I'm surprised this hasn't already been raised, I know several people who have the same issue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Berkohoop,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry that you have experienced a problem with your Voicemail service. Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know that the Mobile Tech team have escalated this issue. Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

Is this working correctly for you now, or is the problem still ongoing?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Oh and is are kept for 21 days as advertised, so it should be ok when resolved 

0 Kudos
Berkohoop
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

All now seemingly resolved. I would have liked to know what the problem was and why it took so many calls on my part though but hey ho...it seems to be fixed with messages getting through and being saved for 21 days.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Berkohoop,

Welcome back and thank you for your message Smiley Happy

I would like to say it's great news that the voicemail is now working, I'm unable to see the ins and outs of what's been going on but its resolution is certainly welcomed.

If you so have any questions or issues about the functionality of the service please let me know.

Take care and have a great weekend.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Berkohoop
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I spoke too soon. Someone left a message last night and it hasn't got through. I only had 4 messages already in my inbox, probably no longer than ten minutes in length. It therefore doesn't appear as though the problem is fixed. So, another long call to Virgin Mobile will be needed, the 6th or 7th to see if they can try again - how difficult can it be? This is part of the standard service. I'm getting so fed up with such abysmal service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Berkohoop Smiley Happy

Thank you for comingback and letting me know, we're here for you so we'll take another look. I'd like to ask if you're able to test this yourself to see if you can leave a voicemail of similar length?

I will have this looked into for you and and will get back to you soon as I have something, which will save you a call.

Speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Berkohoop
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

A new update. Things are just as bad as they were. I had a few short messages saved and tonight a friend left a long one. Result? Nothing. Another message lost. Virgin, how can it be so hard for you to sort this out? Ben, I've done what was asked of me, please keep your side of the deal and get this sorted out please, I'd also like to know who I can complain too - any ideas anyone?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Berkohoop,

I'm sorry that you are still experiencing a problem with your voicemail service. 

I would like to look into this for you, but will need to take more details from you.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos