Menu
Click911
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New to UK, no credit score, cant buy Pay monthly sims?

So I'm about 3 weeks in this country, not registered to vote, but I did make a bank account the other day, so I can sign up for a Pay Monthly SIM. 

The issue is, when I go to the checkout page, I get declined, Because of no credit score, no electoral address , bad credit score , and a couple of other reasons. 

You may ask " why don't you just get a pay as you go SIM?" , Well, that's because I want the Triple Data Promotion , and that version of the SIM doesn't have it.

So my question is, is there any way to get around that? or should I just go with a different phone company?

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New to UK, no credit score, cant buy Pay monthly sims?

Virgin is strict but it is most likely you will get the same answer from other companies. Pay monthly is seen as credit and that usually needs some sort of score and being on the voter register.

0 Kudos
gindy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New to UK, no credit score, cant buy Pay monthly sims?

The only way I can think of is if a friend that trusts you would take out the contract for you. As mentioned already the other networks will be just as strict unfortunately. Get yourself registered on the electoral register, and try and build a credit history in this country if you're staying for any length of time. Having a bad credit rating though will affect any credit applications even if you do the things above.

It's not great news for you I'm afraid but hunting around will get you other networks payg prices that are likely better than virgins.
I'm just a Virgin mobile customer, like you.
0 Kudos