Menu
mrtheedge7
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New to UK -- Issues Signing Up

Hi there, 

I'm moving to the UK from the US in a month. I've unlocked an iPhone and am looking to get a SIM card on a monthly plan. I've ran into several issues...

1. Upon attempting to register, it requests I give a phone number to be texted at. This in itself is rather odd, as I'm trying to sign up to get a phone number in the UK. International numbers are not accepted in the form.

2. The form then asks for an address. There is no international option, for understandable reasons. I do not want to wait until I move in to my new flat, which will be roughly ten days after I arrive in the UK. I have family in the UK, so shipping there is an option though.

3. When the form asks for a password for my account, I attempt to follow the instructions, but it tells me to only use numbers and letters, without consecutive repeating characters. I've checked over and over, and the passwords I'm trying to enter should meet their expectations.

4. Assuming I'm able to make all of this work, it asks me to agree to a credit check. Now, I have excellent credit in the US, but won't have any credit in the UK. Why is this necessary, for something merely 5-10 GBP per month? Also, will it impact me?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: New to UK -- Issues Signing Up

Hi mrtheedge7,

this question was recently asked so I'll refer you to the answer given by Mark_Y (Forum Team): Re: American Moving to the UK

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos