Menu
Shimmyhill
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New sim not working + data issue..

I have 2 sim only plans with Virgin and during the black friday deals I upgraded them to the £12/month with 4gb data on 4G - I was told the new deals would start on 14th December on my refresh day but could use the new sims straight away.

Firstly I have had 2 sims sent out with no way to see what number they are for.. but any time I try them I get no phone signal and just 'emergency calls only' Should they work or do I need to wait until Dec 14th?

I also note that my account shows the old contract deals, the extra 1gb bonus data offered to tide us over is on one account but not the other - can mods look into that?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim not working + data issue..

Hi Shimmyhill

Thanks for taking the time to post regarding your new SIM cards.

Can you confirm if the new SIM cards have been activated yet?

You do no need to wait until your refresh date as the old SIM cards should still be getting a service until you are ready to move over to the new ones.

You can activate the new SIM cards by;

• Texting the word 'ready' to 789678 (from each of the old SIM cards)
  • Logging into your online account and selecting the 'plan and device' tab
  • Calling 789 from your existing SIM or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone

I would recommend doing this one at a time as you may find it difficult to identify which SIM is for which number.

I hope this helps and keep us posted on how you get on.

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Shimmyhill
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim not working + data issue..

Hi here, I have now activated both phones and they are both working - there was no easy way to identify which sim was which but got there in the end!

Thanks, I didn't realize they needed to be activated - any idea on my missing data bump?
0 Kudos