Menu
jimib111
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New sim farce !

I am currently on a rolling contract with virgin mobile and needed a new nano sim to replace my standard sim due to my old phone breaking.

I first went to my local virgin media shop only to be told they didn't have any sim cards, and to call 789 from a mobile to get one sent to me. It took me about 20 minutes for the person on the phone to understand what I was after. But in the end a new card was dispatched and I can confirm the posting address was correct.

I have now received an email from YODEL claiming it was left in a safe place, the front porch, but I don't have a front porch. I also find it hard to believe a nano sim would not fit through a letter box. 

So I have now been without use of my mobile phone for over a week even though I have payed.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New sim farce !

Hi jimib111,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear your new SIM card hasn't been delivered correctly. I fully understand a week without a phone is a long time as no one can contact you.

I appreciate it's not your responsibility to chase this up but I just want to see where we are with this problem. Could you please answer the following questions:- 

Have you spoken to Yodel directly to dispute delivery?

Did you check the tracking reference number on their website?

Have you contacted us back to get a replacement?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi jimib111,

Thanks very much for getting back to me. I deeply apologise for the ongoing issues with the SIM card. I was hoping for much better news.

My understanding is the new SIM can take up to 24 to activate but you should still be able to use your old SIM until such a time comes when it cuts off. At this point you'd put the new SIM in and away you go.

Has there been any changing since messaging me?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi jimib111,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear your new SIM card hasn't been delivered correctly. I fully understand a week without a phone is a long time as no one can contact you.

I appreciate it's not your responsibility to chase this up but I just want to see where we are with this problem. Could you please answer the following questions:- 

Have you spoken to Yodel directly to dispute delivery?

Did you check the tracking reference number on their website?

Have you contacted us back to get a replacement?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
jimib111
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,
I haven't spoken to yodel, but virgin customer service were told when I called them for a replacement sim.
Unfortunately, the replacement sim arrived already deactivated so a third sim was posted.
It looked like it was Ok as I received a reply to my ready text. Now my old sim no longer works and I am still waiting for my new sim to activate, it has been over 24 hours.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi jimib111,

Thanks very much for getting back to me. I deeply apologise for the ongoing issues with the SIM card. I was hoping for much better news.

My understanding is the new SIM can take up to 24 to activate but you should still be able to use your old SIM until such a time comes when it cuts off. At this point you'd put the new SIM in and away you go.

Has there been any changing since messaging me?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
jimib111
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, it's working now.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jimib111,

Many thanks for your prompt response.

Yay! I'm really it's finally working for you. I can only apologise for the inconvenience again.

If you have any further queries then just start a new thread and we'll get to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos