Menu
mhatter
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New sim data issue!

Hi Everyone,

Just updated my Apple iPhone 5s with a new sim from Virgin Media to allow me to use 4G. I am worried is it normal to have the phone side updated but still have to wait for the data side to be done?

It has been over 2 hours now with my phone still showing 3G and no access to data, could I have to really wait up to 24 hours as I need my phone desperately tomorrow morning for using Google maps to get to a place that I have never been before!

Thanks for your help in advance,

Best

Mark

paperclip
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim data issue!

If it has been activated correctly then you'll begin to connect to 4G on your next refresh date.

You should still have access to 3G until then.
mhatter
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Interesting as my next bill refresh date is 12th December, so until then I will only be on 3g? I have tried everything does this mean I have to wait up to 24 hours or have I got a problem with my sim in relation to data as the phone side worked within ten minutes!

The reply I got from customer support after a lot of playing around with settings to no prevail was i will just have to wait as data side sometimes takes longer to activate, even though my phone is displaying the 3G symbol at the top of the screen

paperclip wrote:
If it has been activated correctly then you'll begin to connect to 4G on your next refresh date.

You should still have access to 3G until then.

Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If it is displaying the 3G symbol when not connected to Wi-Fi then you should be receiving 3G.

If you have lost all access to mobile Web since activating your new 4G sim you should therefore contact customer helpdesk as like I say 3G should continue until refresh date when 4G will kick in.
0 Kudos
mhatter
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Seems the second person on CS was more helpful than the first, she got me to reset network settings and bingo data is working again on 3G until the refresh date🙂

Thanks for your help,

best

mark

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Glad you got it sorted Mark.