Menu
bRobv
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New phone, no service

I bought a new phone from a virgin ahop yesterday to replace my old and broken one. Put in my sim card (the one from my old phone) but I'm getting nothing - no service or option to select a service provider. Sim was working fine in the old phone, it was just the screen that was knackered. Any ideas? Or will i have to take it back to the shop? Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New phone, no service

Switch off take out the sim, give it a wipe with a dry lint free cloth on the golden fingers, reinsert ensure it's the correct way around switch back on

Now we're looking for any info at all is it switching on ok, does it show any network, is it saying no network found?
Lastly if it's still not working, what's the make and model?
0 Kudos
bRobv
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me John.

Ive tried cleaning the sim but it hasn't changed anything. The phone turns on ok and i can see the contacts from my sim card so I'm assuming it's inserted properly and clean.

Ive just tried to register on my network and the phone showed thr message that my sim won't allow me to register on this network (the sim is virgin and my new phone is from virgin). Now, I was originally with o2 but changed to virgin around 4 years ago, I think I'll have to make a journey back to the shop.
0 Kudos
bRobv
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Update: issue has been resolved with a new sim card from the shop
0 Kudos