Menu
rcj146
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New phone, new SIM

At the moment I'm using a Windows phone on Orange PAYG.  I want to get a new mobile via Virgin Mobile. Can I take my old PAYG number with me?  If so, how do I go about doing this?  If anyone can advise me, I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks.

Rebecca

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New phone, new SIM

Hi Rebecca,

you just need to contact Orange customer services and request a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code).

This code remains valid for 30 days.

Once you have your new Virgin Mobile SIM you can then contact Virgin Mobile customer services on 789, give them the PAC you obtained from Orange and they'll transfer your "old" number to your new Virgin SIM Smiley Happy

Here is a Virgin guide on the subject: Keeping your number

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Rebecca,

you just need to contact Orange customer services and request a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code).

This code remains valid for 30 days.

Once you have your new Virgin Mobile SIM you can then contact Virgin Mobile customer services on 789, give them the PAC you obtained from Orange and they'll transfer your "old" number to your new Virgin SIM Smiley Happy

Here is a Virgin guide on the subject: Keeping your number

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

rcj146
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks AlexKid :-).  Eventually got the PAC code from Orange by the most laid back customer services bloke i have ever heard.  I swear he fell asleep during our conversation, I know I almost did.  Anyway, new phone comes tomorrow, so I'll just follow your instructions, and away we go.  Thanks again.

Regards

Rebecca