Menu
Emynchen
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New mobile customer

So, as a new customer I made an order of a 24 months mobile subscription and a handset about 2 weeks ago over the phone with Virgin Sales team. Passed all the credit checks and gave them all the data they asked. Got nothing so far (documents, my phone, my sim). So it looks like Virgin Mobile is not looking for new customers so if I don't receive nothing in 2 days I'll cancel my order. Anyone did a recent order trough phone and got this delay too?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New mobile customer

Hi Emynchen,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received an update about your order. Have you had any news about this since your post?

If you haven't, please get in touch with us direct so that we can check this for you on 0800 052 0238.

Please let us know how you get on with this.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Emynchen
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello. Yes, I received some news till then. Got rejected based on my credit score, althou' the sales team told me when I applied that I passed it and all was ok. Only after two weeks and many calls I found out this "great" news. It is funny that your company rejected me althou' I am a Broadband customer for almost 2 years now with up to date payments (and for at least an year at my current address). But guess who is not going to be your client soon?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emynchen

I'm sorry to hear you were advised we were unable to offer you a Freestyle contract at this time.

The credit check for a mobile phone is slightly different to the one used for our media services and we use detailed information about the credit report to make the decision. Like other providers, we don't use  a universal score and the score provided by credit reference agencies is given only as an indication to the health of your credit file as different lenders will have different requirements.

You can apply again in 90 days, but in the meantime it is worth taking a look at your credit report to ensure there's no errors on there.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos