Menu
jicklebrick
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

New mobile contract

Hi, I ordered a new phone and SIM on Saturday and received my order confirmation and it said I would hear from Virgin again within 24 hours as there was a delay  in processing my order due to a "technical glitch". I haven't heard anything and if I try to log into my account it signs me in but tells me that something has gone wrong and I can't seem to look at anything relating to my order.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on and if I will ever receive my new phone?!

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: New mobile contract

Hi jicklebrick,

unfortunately at the moment there are many, many posts just like yours asking the same question.

All due to a supposed "technical glitch" Smiley Mad

Other than calling Virgin mobile customer services on 789 from a Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone. All I can suggest is that you send a message to Rich_B or Mat_H who are Virgin team members here on this forum and ask if they'll look into things for you.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

jicklebrick
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ah, OK. Thanks, it does help to know it's not just something I've messed up!

I was trying to avoid phoning customer services as I've got two very impatient children with me! Will give them a call though and see what I can find out Smiley Frustrated

Huggyhugbug
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Snap jicklebrick 

I ordered a phone on Wednesday evening and had the same message you received. Friday came and that evening I spoke to Emma on live chat who said I should receive an email about a credit check within 24/48 hours. I said that I have not received that email but I did agree to a credit check when ordering the phone online. Emma said I should receive a reply to that credit check within 48 hours even if the credit check had the answer no. Still no email today (01/02/16) Emma could only help this much as she can not look in to people's accounts to see what is happening. She was very polite and understood that I do not like speaking to people I do not know on the phone. Plus I like things in writing so I can re-read if/when I need to. (Fibro fog) She was very sorry that she could not help me find out the info I wanted to know.

All I want to know now is ........ Has that order failed and I need to reorder?  

If we have to reorder due to this glitch can we use the same email address etc as we used on the first order or will we get messages saying those details have already been used.?

One email from Virgin media saying about the glitch and what has to be done now would be a big help to anyone ordering a new phone would be a great idea. 

Thank-you if anyone can help with this.

Graham

0 Kudos
Dana2
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What happened with this did you get a solution I'm in the same boat
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dana2,

this is the fifth post you have made asking the same question.

Why don't you give Virgin mobile customer services a call on 789 from a Virgin mobile if you already have one. Or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone and see if they can help resolve this for you.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.

0 Kudos
Dana2
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Would love to call them but I'm deaf and I can't find another way to contact them it seems virgin are poor at customer service tempted to just leave it and go elsewhere .
0 Kudos
Huggyhugbug
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Nothing sorted as of yet Mat_H is trying to sort for me. 

Graham

0 Kudos
marty444
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yeh..call 0345 to be on hold for 30 minutes.)
0 Kudos
marty444
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here, and tbh if there is a problem like this they should stop advertising mobiles till its sorted out or at the very least remove the " when would you like delivery " option.