Menu
luddite0
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New iPhone roaming

Took new iPhone abroad. Roaming on international call barring off. Didn't work. Wife's old Samsung worked automatically. Asked in Virgin store when got back. Told new iPhone roaming barred in case of fraud. Told to 'phone support before next trip. Did. Told would work. They were lying. It does not work. Tried automatic and searching. Still wife's old Samsung roaming automatically. Returning phone not fit for purpose with full refund on return. Changing network provider. Unless grovelling and financial response from Virgin...
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New iPhone roaming

Hi Alistair,

Thank you for getting back to me with your details via PM. I have escalated this to our Network technicians who have checked this and have identified a problem. A ticket has been raised and this will be reset for you and completed within 24 hours.

Please reboot your handset and retry after 24 hours.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
luddite0
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Support when no service

How do you get support when there is no service but there is internet access?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi luddite0

I'm really sorry to hear you're still having roaming issues despite being advised we'd enabled it for you.

It's unlikely to be a fault with the handset, but if you're still abroad, I can run some checks and ensure everything is provisioned correctly for you with respect to roaming?

Let me know if I can still help out with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
luddite0
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes still abroad. Still no roaming...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi luddite0,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry that your roaming service is still not working on your iPhone. 

I'll look into this for you, but will need to take more information first. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Alistair,

Thank you for getting back to me with your details via PM. I have escalated this to our Network technicians who have checked this and have identified a problem. A ticket has been raised and this will be reset for you and completed within 24 hours.

Please reboot your handset and retry after 24 hours.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
luddite0
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. You've fixed it!

I'm tempted to ask why it took so long and why I was misled but it can wait ...
0 Kudos
luddite0
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You fixed it! Thank you! 😀
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi luddite0,

I'm glad to hear that your roaming is working for you now. I'm sorry that it took so long to get this resolved. When I had our technicians check the network, the roaming activation had failed even though the systems showed they were active. This was reset and restored your service.

Please let us know if there's anything further we can help with.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos