Menu
timbolfc
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New customer

Hi Im a new customer as of April 2016 from Vodafone.I chose an LG G5 mainly due to the offer of a free 32 inch LG TV if I chose that handset.I am genuinly disappointed with it and had to have the original handset replaced within 8 weeks as I was told I had damaged the sim card reader and a repair was £230.00.I paid the £80.00 excess to replace like for like but still dont like the phone.I was wanting to get a Samsung Galaxy S6 or S7 and have also noticed the handsets on freestyle without a free offer are cheaper by about £4.00 less than the ones with.I cant afford to pay off my loan early.Is there any leeway for new customer to help me.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer

I'm being a little harsh here, but you have the phone 3 months, Virgin, are never going to swop it out for a different model, the option of a free tv is hard to miss but sadly your stuck.

you can buy a new phone from Virgin or elsewhere, it needs to be sim free to allow your contract sim to work. Then sell your LG and that will help offset the cost.

The lg is a good phone with great specs, but its all about  marketing, I'd never own a Samsung as touch wiz  is a heavy top coat onto Android.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer

Hi Timbolfc,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message to us.

I am sorry to learn that the phone's sim slot was damaged, I imagine you have insurance to cover the damages?

The process of a like for like can take around a couple of days to arrive with the phone, providing this was done through an insurance claim?

Have you received the phone yet?

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
timbolfc
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tim

Hi Ben
Yes I have got a replacement LG G5 in June.I signed to Virgin April 14th 2016 after 6 years with Vodafone.I had the original handset 8 weeks before it went wrong.I was advised to send it for repair which after 8 weeks after getting the phone I was annoyed.I got a call from Virgin after 1 week and was told it was down to customer misuse and I could have the sim card reader repaired which would cost £230.00 which i refused but so I got a phone I paid £80.00 excess on my insurance.This has never happened in 18 years of being a pay monthly customer.
I still dont like the LG G5 and wished I had gone for any model of Samsung but was led by the free offer of a 32" LG LED TV which is great.I aim to pay it off early asap and get a Samsung possibly an A3 A5 or S7.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tim

Hi Timbolfc,

Cheers for coming back and letting me know how it all went, I am glad that you didn't go for the £230 option, as I was reading I could see that an excess would have been cost effective.

Whilst you are waiting to pay off the contract i do hope that the phone you have has been a good experience and that when the time comes to renew, be sure get back in touch, we have so many deals ans flash sales going on.

Any additional help please let me know Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos