Menu
Fant0mas
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New customer- no network service since joined Virgin

Hi there. I'm a new Virgin Mobile customer. I ported my 02 number when I joined on 5 August- and since then I have had no network service. I was sent a new sim which I was assured would solve the problems. According to Virgin- the number has ported over and all is well! I have called every day as I am getting no updates, and I still have the fault. Reaching the end of my tether now. I escalated the issue today ( Thursday) and the manager I spoke to said it could take until Monday 15th to resolve! Not sure if anyone here has experienced a similar issue, or can give advice on how to escalate further?
Cheers all
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Magic_M
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer- no network service since joined Virgin

A few questions to help the thought processes if you please:

Is that no network service at all, no matter where you are (home, town, etc.)?
Does the phone say No Service or Emergency Calls Only?
Is it a new phone or did you bring your existing one with you?
Have you tried a manual network search? What networks are listed when you do?

Don't hang around waiting for too long to sort things out though.
0 Kudos
Fant0mas
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Magic
Thanks for the reply. I have no service and emergency calls only when I start the phone. Phone is brand new too- Galaxy S6 edge. When I do a manual network search I get:
Virgin, Vodafone UK, 02-UK and 3uk
I select virgin and I get " unable to connect"
I know there was some sort of fault which delayed my number porting, which is fine, but I can see that other people who experienced the fault are now sorted. So I'm a bit stumped. Every time I contact virgin I get standard response " wait 24 hours" and nothing happens- so I have escalated this to a manager who said that he has raised a fault and a complaint on my behalf, so we will see!
Cheers
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fant0mas,

Cheers for coming in and posting your message Smiley Happy

I would certainly love to help and would need some addional information before I can help and possibly make some changes to bring this online. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Fant0mas
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well after a week and a bit, my fault seems to be cleared. I went away for a long weekend, where I had no Internet/ network access, to return home and my number porting issues are resolved.
Do although not sure what the actual issue was I'm happy to be all sorted now.
0 Kudos