Menu
lynnmorris3
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New contract - roaming abroad

Hi Ive just changed over from PAYG to a monthly rolling contract. Please can someone tell me what happens when I want to use the internet whilst away. 

We are due to go to Greece next week and want to know what i need to do to get access to the internet. 

As a new customer the letter i received today from Virgin states i need to have paid 3 bills before i can use my data. Is there any way round this ie topping up some money on my account to then buy data out there when i arrive or can i not use my phone on this new contract?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New contract - roaming abroad

Hi lynnmorris3,

You'll need to contact customer servises and ask them to activate roaming on your account.

As a "new" Smiley Frustrated customer you will probably be asked for a £50 deposit.

(Be sure to specify that you need data roaming to be active too as some customers, although able to call and text from abroad have had to make a further call to customer services in order to be able to use mobile data).

Let us know how you get on.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

lynnmorris3
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

can i not just top up maybe £20 or is it a minimum of £50. I have already set up roaming but £50 seems a bit steep
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi lynnmorris'

look at this page from Virgin: Taking your mobile abroad

The "Before you go..." bit. It only says you may be asked so you are best giving them a call.

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi lynnmorris3

Thanks for taking the time to drop by with your data query, and my apologies that you were unable to add this package to your contract with us.

Could you let us know if you have been able to get this sorted out with our teams?  I appreciate you are in Greece at the moment and hopefully having a lovely holiday.

I'm unable to see your details to check if this has been resolved since you posted. I hope it was dealt with before you left.

Take care and have a fantastic time Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you intend to use only free wifi, then you don't need to worry about a setup from. Virgin, just log onto the Wifi

0 Kudos