Menu
tinker2bells
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New Virgin Sim Card yesterday but no service

I got a new Virgin sim card yesterday because I've got a new phone followed all the instruction (well my daughter did) and got it all up and running but then the signal went and for the last 24 hours I've had hardly any service.Until the sim was changed I'd never had a problem with Virgin signall

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: no service

Putting your post code into the site I linked to previously shows a fault in your area that may be affecting the service.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You could try putting your post code into the EE network status checker to see if there is an outage or maintenance work in your area:

http://ee.co.uk/ee-and-me/network/4gee/network-status-checker

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
tinker2bells
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We have good coverage here and until I put the new sim card in I didn't have a problem.No service this morning and it was very hit and miss yesterday.getting a bit cheesed off now

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How's this looking for you currently tinker2bells?

If you're still having issues, can you let me know your full postcode?

Let me know as soon as you can Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
tinker2bells
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi it's been service has been hit and miss but at the minute more hit than miss.Post code is DN22 7SB

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Putting your post code into the site I linked to previously shows a fault in your area that may be affecting the service.

0 Kudos
tinker2bells
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tinker2Bells,

Thanks for sending that over Smiley Happy

I've looked into this and I can see there's an ongoing fault with a nearby mast.

EE are aware of this issue and they're working hard to get this all sorted for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos