Menu
JGN1983
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Sim card not arrived and wrong tracking number - now being billed

I ordered a SIM only deal on the 16th of June. I received an email confirming the order and that I would receive the SIM on the 16th (seemed improbable) by virgin mobile's delivery partner yodel. I was provided with a link to track the progress of the order, but the link doesn't work and the tracking number (P04771166) is invalid as far as yodel are concerned.

Today I received an email from virgin mobile informing me that I will be billed on the 30th of this month for the amount set up in the direct debit.

Why do I have to pay for a service that I am not receiving? My contract with virgin should not start until the SIM is activated.

After googling the problem, it seems like this has been going on for over a year with other customer,s and virgin haven't rectified the issue. They just seem to want to patch the problems as they come in, without getting to the root cause.

Can someone please advise me in any aspect of this? 

0 Kudos
selyoh
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Sim card not arrived and wrong tracking number - now being billed

Same here. order number 100000104905033

enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Often they tell you Yodel then send them Royal Mail, even though you have a Yodel tracking number

JGN1983
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your information. I have tried the tracking number on the RM website to no avail. I will give it until after the post arrives tomorrow in case it is with RM. If not I will see how I can escalate this and cancel the direct debit before it comes out.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi JGN1983

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear about the delay to you receiving your new SIM.

I just wanted to check if this has arrived now or if you still need some assistance with this?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos