Menu
Echerontius
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Sim - Not registered on network

Hello, I have finally received the correct standard SIM for Samsung S3 Mini. It has been put in correctly as Hnadset now no longer has message that SIM not recognised. However I cannot see anyway to activate the new sim with the S3 mini handset. When following instructions on quick setup to dial 222, I just get the Not registered on network message. 

Can someone please advise as my youngest is desperate to start using her first mobile and this is proving rather painful having ordered it on 24th November and having to wait for a 3rd delivery to get the correct SIM.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
wilsman
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Sim - Not registered on network

Hi, 

The SIM card will need registering. You can do this by logging/registering an online account

Hope that helps - let me know how you get on.

Phil

0 Kudos
Echerontius
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phil, thanks for your reply. I tried that previously. I cannot see the new SIM account under the Account Hub. When I try and add a new number it only allows pay as you go numbers to be added. This new sim is a pay monthly and I would expect this to appear in this section with an activate button. My eldest daughter got a new phone recently and appeared in this section and I just clicked activate and everything worked smoothly. It is not clear what I am supposed to do to activate this new SIM as I cannot see it anywhere and do not seem to be able to add the number.

thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you've had some difficulty activating the sim. I want to get this sorted for you.

As per the message you received, it's not possible to add a Pay Monthly sim to another Pay Monthly account. To activate the sim, you should be able to register your account on the login page as a new number and activate it that way.

Give this a go for me and let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos