Menu
Beckwah
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Iphone 5s with no sim error

Hi, I've already got a virgin mobile and for Christmas decided to get my daughter an Iphone 5s on the same account. Received the phone and sim together from Virgin via Yodel. My daughter opened her present today and we inserted the sim and it keeps giving the No Sim error. I rang and spoke to someone at Virgin Mobile and they're sending out a new sim. She seemed to think that I hadn't gotten the phone from Virgin Mobile and the sim was for my existing mobile? I said the phone and sim came together so I don't understand why it's not activated. Meanwhile we have to wait til next Tuesday for my daughter to use her Christmas present. That's if this new sim card works. Has anyone else had this issue? Is it the sim that's the problem? I have to say really disappointed in the lack of explaination. 

0 Kudos
TimKey
Settling in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Iphone 5s with no sim error

Hi

The sims are never activated when sent out, I believe because of security issues.  Be aware they seem to be having issues activating sims at the moment!  I have been waiting since Christmas day to be activated and am being told that it could be 48 hours longer.  Not a good service!

Tim

0 Kudos
Beckwah
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tim, 

Thanks. The sim was apparently active according to the  customer advisors I spoke to with the several phone calls I made to Virgin. Received the new sim today and the phone is now working. However I had to activate the sim and it's taking forever lol  So basically had the phone a week and unable to use it properly as yet. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beckwah,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear your first SIM card was faulty. I appreciate this was a Christmas present which makes it even more disappointing.

I'm really pleased to hear your new SIM card has arrived. It can take up to 24 hours for the SIM to go live once it has been activated. How are things now? Is everything working?

Please let me know if you have any further trouble.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos