Menu
Broadsword26
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Contract and tablets

Heres hoping some one reads this, isn't bound by a script and can help as I'm loosing the will to live trying to explain things to the hard of understanding.

Last week (Friday) I ordered a Samsung S6 on contract online the advert clearly shows it comes with a free Tab A7 Tablet (picture below). When it arrived, no tablet. So I called in at the local virgin store, no joy, online stuff is nothing to do with us, ring the online people. I had no joy that day, its the weekend and the phone lines are mental. I finally got through on Sunday, passed around a times by customer services and again no joy. Now being older and wiser I kept a screen shot of the offer when I hit the buy it now, but to be sure while I'm talking to customer services I checked the process again and the same offers still live online, the people on the phone clearly don't have a prepared option for that but requested for an email or a number I can send a screen shot to, just get evasive replies. virgin 2.jpg

So hopefully, some one can look at that image above, check the time and dates in the bottom corner and explain how that offer does not come with the tablet it clearly implies it does or how that offer has finished "last month".

order ref. 100000115225566. I'll be waiting for your reply and phonecall.

S

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Contract and tablets

You may have a long wait, its mainly self help here folks like me helping out. It would be quicker to call the sales line

Call 0843 504 7213 to speak with a Virgin Media sales advisor, customer service representative or account manager.

Alternatively, you can also phone Virgin Media’s mobile-friendly helpline 0345 454 2222 or their freephone helpline number 0800 052 2525.

0 Kudos
Broadsword26
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I continued ringing them anyways. It turns out you don't get a tablet after all... advertising regulations seem some sort of optional extra with Virgin. The offers no longer valid apparently, no tablets left. But I could have a Sony with one of those tablets they don't have If I want a different contract. The phones going back, now but I appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Broadsword26,

Cheers for coming in for the first time, I'm sorry we've not been in touch sooner.

I am sorry that the tablet deal didn't work out for you, and that you felt you needed to leave. I would like to ask if you have already gone ahead on this or are waiting for some help?

Please stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Nasturtium
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Same thing happened to me at the weekend - see my post. Absolute waste of time trying to get any kind of customer service from Virgin. I also took a screen shot, and got the sales advisor to go through the same set of steps with same result. I note that yesterday it has now disappeared from the website.

Its odd that you cannot email them - I did get the address for the complaints team and am going to try that route.

0 Kudos