Menu
Biz88
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

New 4g tariff start date

Hi I just called customer service to upgrade to 4g and was told that i would not get 4g until 1st December when my tariff starts. Is this correct?? Seems a very long time I would of thought it be active as soon as my sim arrives. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: New 4g tariff start date

All tariff changes are aligned to the next refresh date - so if your 4G tariff doesn't start until the 1st December, you will have had your latest 3G tariff refresh last week.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

That's a good question, from what I can make of it. Only guess work !!!!
If you stay on same tariff but ask for 4g - you'll get a new SIM and will be 4g when you put it in.
If you have changed tariff - the new tariff and 4g will not start until your refresh date.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Biz88
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Oh right I was not told that I could keep my existing tariff and just enable 4g i was told I would have to switch to a new one. Could someone from virgin confirm this??
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

All 4G plans are new tariffs compared to the one you're on - even if the allowances are exactly the same.
gordy66
Up to speed
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

For the same package on 4G i get 500 mins more and 750mb of data for a extra 88p.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for clearing that up @BenMcr

Another question if you'll able to answer it, all the blurb comes back with 4g plans from £6 to £25 which I can see if I view from a Freestyle phone page, but if I look at the plans and prices from the 30day sim-only page, I see the old plans and prices but with 4g in the heading (picture below),

Screenshot_20161107-141947.png

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Biz88
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks Ben I do think it's a shame that customers have to wait until the next billing cycle to begin for the new tariff to take effect so they can enjoy 4g just more waiting! Lol but good we finally got it and with a 20gb allowance as well which I went for. A couple more questions. Is there any traffic management on these new tariffs and are we allowed to use tethering. Thanks.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No there is data roll over if you don't use it all, but still no tethering allowed
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

teabag wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up @BenMcr

Another question if you'll able to answer it, all the blurb comes back with 4g plans from £6 to £25 which I can see if I view from a Freestyle phone page, but if I look at the plans and prices from the 30day sim-only page, I see the old plans and prices but with 4g in the heading (picture below),

I've just checked and the page shows the 4G plans for me

0 Kudos