Menu
Davidll
Settling in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New 4g is a rip off

I have just gone onto 4g with virgin and i am very disappointed not with the 4g but with the call package i ended up with i nolonger get th 0800 0845 ect numbers included in my call package which means. My bill is very much more expensive than it was on 3g .
Have been only just signed up for this package i have tried but unsuccessfully to go back to my original package .
The call center told me quite bluntly that i cant go back even if i am on a rolling 30-day contract once on 4g you cant go back.
I told them it wasent suitable and had only been on it a week on wish to go back only to be told no so niw i am stuck with this rubish call package .
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New 4g is a rip off

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

You're certainly not stuck with it. Whether you can go back to your old deal is another matter.
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Davidll wrote:
I have just gone onto 4g with virgin and i am very disappointed not with the 4g but with the call package i ended up with i nolonger get th 0800 0845 ect numbers included in my call package which means. My bill is very much more expensive than it was on 3g .
Have been only just signed up for this package i have tried but unsuccessfully to go back to my original package .
The call center told me quite bluntly that i cant go back even if i am on a rolling 30-day contract once on 4g you cant go back.
I told them it wasent suitable and had only been on it a week on wish to go back only to be told no so niw i am stuck with this rubish call package .

0800 numbers were made free from all mobiles recently were they not?

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

He is correct that 2 sets of number made free a while back on VM Mobile will no longer be free on 4G but I think he is confused as 0800 may still be free but the 0845 may not be.

Someone posted this last week, I will try and find it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

jhuk wrote:

He is correct that 2 sets of number made free a while back on VM Mobile will no longer be free on 4G but I think he is confused as 0800 may still be free but the 0845 may not be.

Someone posted this last week, I will try and find it.

Hi,

there have been plenty of posts regarding this issue: Calls to 084/087 Numbers

These numbers are no longer included in the new 4G tariffs.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So I read but makes little to no difference to myself but can see the points of other who are not too happy.

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Why, you not use these start numbers?
0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I rarely use my mobile apart from music while out a walk and if I wanted to I would need get a good signal to start with.

I rarely use any phone landline or mobile, I rather talk to someone's face if I even want to talk.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

"Read the small print", so many people do not and this proves it.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos