Menu
PaulR1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

New 4G SIM doesn't work

'Upgraded to 4g and received 2 new SIMs (1 for wife)..

Prudently I only activated mine first. to make sure it worked...

1st problem, they don't tell you which SIM is for which phone... crazy!

Next problem...neither SIM worked..but left 24 hrs just in case...

After 24 hours (and switching SIMs a dozen + times), I gave up and rang support.

Support talked me through everything and confirmed which SIM was for my number.. we searched network (error), we tried SIM in wifes phone (same error) then we gave up and a new SIM arrived this morning.

Went online and activated again... but same issue, I got 2 bars for a second, then nothing..either says emergency calls only, or no network.

It can't be my phone (hardware) as the same thing happens putting in other phone. Been without a phone for 4-5 days now and will have to go through it all again...

My old '3g' SIM worked fine before I tried these two new ones...

SIM unlock code appears so SIM is being picked up by the phone...

Anyone help?

0 Kudos
PaulR1
Tuning in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: New 4G SIM doesn't work

Just put SIM in unlocked I phone 5c.. and it worked.

So is it due to my LG K8 being locked, or are these new 4G SIMs actually incompatible???

0 Kudos
robkat
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Had the same problem with iPhone 5s. Waiting for new sim to arrive, hope this one works.
0 Kudos
PaulR1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

ven more annoyingly, it again connected for a second or two before dropping.. Re: New 4G SIM doesn't work

Even more annoyingly, it again connected for a second or two before dropping.. I've just received two text messages from my bank, that are always sent at 7am on a Monday morning!

So it works for a split second....then No Service, then Emergency Calls only. then no service etc..etc..etc...

0 Kudos
PaulR1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Didn't for me I'm afraid!

But then the 2nd SIM did in a 5c Smiley Mad !??!? just doesn't on the LG K8

0 Kudos
robkat
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

New sim seems to work. Will need to make sure it does so on a regular basis.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi PaulR1, 

I am so sorry to learn about the issue with the new SIM cards.

The new 4G SIM cards have pin numbers attached to them, did you enter in a pin when you first entered the SIM card in the phone? If so did anything pop up to say it was incorrect or any other error message? 

Sorry for all the questions, it sounds like the SIM pin is either incorrect or not entered. I don’t think it will be your phone as the 3G sim card worked in there ok, is that correct? 

Chat soon, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos
PaulR1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kelly Thanks for response...

Yes both SIMs had/have a pin, no issues there, it logs in fine.. and I've not changed it from default.

Searching for networks errors virtually every time, but occassionally it lists the available networks, then it errors when selecting virtually every time... very, very occassionally it connected to Virgin 3g and 4g... gives me 3+ bars of signals...then drops again after less than a minute and I get no bars with a little x above them again.

I'm in the heart of London today and have tried again (and again etc..) and still same issue, same when I put it in Wife's K8.. iIts like Virgins new SIMs are incompatible with the K8!?!?!?!?

0 Kudos
AndyCoffin
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Whats the exact model number please? some of the k8's are dual sim and i get the impression off google that only one of those slots is 4g compatible, still even then i would expect the phone to fall back to 3g so to be honest im thinking sim problem.
------------------------------------------
When I was a child, my speech, feelings, and thinking were all those of a child. Now that I am a man, I have no more use for childish ways.

The Puppet Master .
0 Kudos
PaulR1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy, thanks for the reply..

Its a K350N... can't see a second slot...

Its mad, I've made calls in that 30 seconds while it works, but then you just see the bars disappear and the x above them. Then 50 attempts later as above..either 'error searching for network' or when past that 'error in connecting to selected network'

I try again... same thing, has bars for 30 seconds, then it drops again..

I had no issues for the last few months with original 3g SIM (now frustratingly de-activated) and a hardware fault/damage seems unlikely, as with wifes phone it does the same... and hers will work fine again as soon as I put her original (not deactivated) 3g SIM back in (and her 3g card works in my phone too).

And what are the chances that 2 SIMs sent both have faults.... 

I can't risk activating my wifes SIM and trying that as we'd be totally disconnected then...

0 Kudos