Menu
teabag
Trouble shooter
Message 71 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Re: New 4G SIM, But No Data Connection

@falcolumbarius

Enter these APN settings, make sure MNC is 38 (not 30), and remember to press save :-)
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/New-SIM-and-need-the-APN-settings-for-data/m-p/359...
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
WizOZ
Fibre optic
Message 72 of 85
Flag for a moderator

@Schpengle I have BIS on Orange sim - the choices Virgin have are/were dependent on what T-Mobile now EE offer them on the wholesale system.

BIS was not available on EE until they implemented/sold BB10 late in the game, only Orange/T-Mob offered BIS on 3G. And BB10 devices initially was only available on Business accounts - the whole BlackBerry issue is EE. Hopefully now Virgin are bringing things in-house things will change.
0 Kudos
Schpengle
Tuning in
Message 73 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that @WizOZ, I shall have to check out the latest Virgin backend up date.....stuff. I've not kept abreast of VM infrastructure due to disappointment and the realisation that nothing was being done/achieved with regards this issue.
The next glum, dreary day, when there is absolutely nothing else more positive to do, just before hell freezes over and I walk off to get get voluntarily eaten by a polar bear -who has better reception than I....

I will investigate.

Unless you can provide a handy link, that will save me wait Smiley Happy

WizOZ
Fibre optic
Message 74 of 85
Flag for a moderator

What link would you like ?

I can guarantee you it’s content won’t be 100% accurate though!
0 Kudos
Kellysteph
Joining in
Message 75 of 85
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem I have a Google Nexus 6 and I've phoned them numerous times and he just said its not our fault I can't help you goodbye
Can you help please
0 Kudos
teabag
Trouble shooter
Message 76 of 85
Flag for a moderator

@Kellysteph
If it's just a no data problem you have, check or add a APN with these settings:

Name: WEB
APN: goto.virginmobile.uk
MMSC: http://mms.virginmobile.co.uk:8002
MMS proxy: 193.30.166.2
MMS port: 8080
MCC: 234
MNC: 38
Authentication type: CHAP
APN type: *
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4
Leave all other options blank/Not set
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
andrew18
Joining in
Message 77 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Great - fixed thanks.

0 Kudos
Kellysteph
Joining in
Message 78 of 85
Flag for a moderator

It didn't work
0 Kudos
Mrs_Woman
Joining in
Message 79 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I had this problem too. I have a Google Nexus 5x. Virgin call centre were pretty much hopeless- I spent hours on the phone to them, but other then 'wait until midnight'...(seriously) they couldn't help.

I tried the APN fix that has worked for others on here but with no luck. In desperation I went into my local Virgin Mobile shop. The guy there un-registered then re-registered me and hey presto, job's a good 'un....might be worth a try for anyone else at the end of their tether.

Kellysteph
Joining in
Message 80 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Went into the shop last week he tried to do the settings on my phone but couldn't phone customer service from there phone no luck got told it was a problem with the sim cards and to try again in 48 hours if no good phone them back. Well guess what no internet so gonna be on phone with them again tomorrow
0 Kudos