Menu
Assassin
Dialled in
Message 41 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Re: New 4G SIM, But No Data Connection

Still no 4G either on any blackberry 10 devices and ive had no 4G for my entire contract after upgrading I may have to try a different network if this ever gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 42 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gambo51,

Thanks for you post although I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having connecting to mobile data. If the mobile data is active on your account and also the handset this should be connecting fine. There are no on going issues with this service.

I hope that this has been resolved since your post however if you are still having issues you can pop onto our Phonefix service to run some further diagnostics on this.

Thanks

Lucy

0 Kudos
Gambo51
Joining in
Message 43 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lucy,

The issue was finally resolved with a replacement SIM Card.

Strangely though, the signal strength rarely shows above one bar, sometimes no bars!, but I do get data connection.

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
lumia1020
Joining in
Message 44 of 85
Flag for a moderator

I'm really glad I did a search on the internet this afternoon otherwise I wouldn't have known about the issues with 4g coverage, I've recently upgraded my sim only package to a 4g sim and discovered that I am unable to connect to the internet when out and about,phoned virgin helpline and they were useless,checked my settings and they are as follows

Settings-access point

Connection name-Virgin Internet

Internet APN

Access point name-goto.virginmobile.uk

Username-user

Network type-IPv4

MMS APN

MMS access point name-goto.virginmobile.uk

Username-user

Proxy address-193.30.166.2

Proxy port-8080

MMSC address-http://mms.virginmobile.co.uk:8002

Network type-IPv4

Authentication type-none

So there you have it all my settings for my phone which is a Nokia Lumia 1020,never had any issues using an EE 4g sim card or a Virgin 3g sim card,hoping someone can help.

0 Kudos
Gambo51
Joining in
Message 45 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Sounds very similar to my recent problem.

Try asking for (demanding?) a replacement SIM Card.

0 Kudos
lumia1020
Joining in
Message 46 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Its interesting that no one from virgin has responded to my problem, I thought that was why this forum was set up so that subscribers with issues could receive advice on how to remedy any difficulties that they may encounter.

Thanks to Gambo51 for their reply which I have acted upon.

0 Kudos
chrisp62
Tuning in
Message 47 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Can I bump this topic I had the E symbol on my virgin mobile signal full bars had this for ages on 3g now I have upgraded to 4g still have the E symbol full signal strength all APN settings are correct taken 5 mins to load this page had 4g two weeks phone data says I have used 30mb of data in two weeks on virgin 4g it's 10x worse than 3g. Thanks
0 Kudos
chrisp62
Tuning in
Message 48 of 85
Flag for a moderator

SORTED Virgin had to do something on their end 4G up and running

0 Kudos
rijodavies
Joining in
Message 49 of 85
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same issue.  I am able to make outgoing and receive calls but cant get any data.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Exorcist74
On our wavelength
Message 50 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Never had a problem with my old Verginmedia G3 sim card.Never

2 months ago I had my new 4G sim card, upgrade from 3G, everything worked well,that is untill 5wks ago, I went to use my data plan and after 15min of use my system went dead as a door post, no phone connection,no TXT nothing, dealing with my data plan, I try everything I could think of to get my service back,checked my network mode [WCDMA],AccessPoint setting,network operators Search networks/select automaticaly would force close after 2 sec......NOTHING.

The only way i could get my data plan to work was by reseting my phone 2 times,then everthing was back as it should be,that is till i turn my data plan back on and again 15-20min dead again, signal bar showed 4 bars,but that meant nothing if you cant use your phone,WiFi worked ok during these blackouts..

I was told I could not use G4 on my phone GALAXY NOTE GT-N7000  ,that wasnt a problem.... G4 would come in handy for my next phone, BUT I am peved having to go through this everytime I want to use my Data plan.........

So to get things back to work Just reset your phone.. There has to be a problem with the Sim card or the APN setting

0 Kudos