Menu
pikemanmick
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Network unlock

I'm on virgin sim only pay monthly contract, I've just bought an iPhone 6 but it is locked to EE - how do I get it unlocked and how quickly can it be done! It's for his birthday!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network unlock

Ask EE. If it is their phone they might be able to unlock, but only if you are the original owner.. But we have had reports that unlocking may have to be done by Apple. Good luck with getting that organised before his birthday. They will only unlock if you are the original owner. May need a visit to an Apple store. THis is not something VM can do. All the Apple phones they sell are unlocked at the start.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

To add to the above helpful reply here is a URL you should read thoroughly - it has the contact numbers and other info you need: http://ee.co.uk/help/getting-started/joining-ee/unlocking-your-device

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Sj6904
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm using my Virgin Sim in the wife's old iPhone 5 while my Sony Xperia has been sent for 'repair'. The iPhone is locked to EE and works fine with it.... Have you tried it yet?

0 Kudos