Menu
PaulT1960
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Network coverage in Spain

My daughter arrived in Spain (Mallorca) yesterday along with her iphone5 on virgin pay monthly. We checked the settings for Spain usage a few days ago with virgin and were assured the phone would work in Palma nova. It doesnt. She has carried out the reset and manual network search as advised byn support. All 3 networks are showing but she is not able to connect to any of them. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network coverage in Spain

Hi PaulT1960,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that your daughter is having problems making calls whilst abroad in Spain and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 

Here's a few troubleshooting suggestions to try:

Firstly, check that your daughter is all set up to use her phone abroad by simply logging into Your Account online: Mobile Account Login.

She can also check the network coverage where she is, just click here to check the coverage where she's visiting: Coverage Checker.

Next suggestions include rebooting the phone, which you've stated that she's already tried:

Try turning the phone off and then back on again. Sounds simple, but it'll refresh the network signal on your phone and, more often than not, it does the trick.

If that doesn't work, try a manual network search. Here's how:

• Go into 'Settings' on your phone.
• Now go to 'Phone Settings'.
• Then choose 'Network Selection'.
• Select ‘Manual’ network selection instead of 'Automatic' and let the phone search for available networks. This might take up to a minute.
• Now you should have a list of networks you can use.

If you're still stuck, try what we call a 'hard reboot'. Just remove the battery from your phone without turning it off first, then wait about 20 minutes before putting it back in and switching the phone on.

This reboots your phone and it normally does the trick. 

Please let me know how this goes for your daughter.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network coverage in Spain

Hi PaulT1960,

Just checking back with you about the network coverage problem you are having in Spain, as I haven't received a response from you yet.

Please get back in touch if you have any further problems.

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos