Menu
kempo23
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Network connections abroad

When in Tenerife last month I could not connect to any of the local networks, my wife had the same problem. 'Roaming' was switched on in my account. We both have iphone 4s

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network connections abroad

Loads of posts about this. Seems a common problem. Don't expect much help from Virgin other than telling you to do the obvious.

Some people have suggested that if you have international call barring enabled this can stop you connecting. - Worth a shot.

0 Kudos
kempo23
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why wont Virgin accept it is their problem? I was also in Tenerife last January and had no problems when on an O2 contract.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi kempo23, 

Sorry to hear about the roaming issues you've been getting.

With this particular kind of issue we would need to clear security before we can look into it further, In order to do this please contact our customer service team on 789 from a Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other line.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
kempo23
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have already spoken to one of your agents but their response was less than satisfactory. After taking me through the obvious checks and settings I was told to contact the Virgin support team should I encounter the problem again! The only way I will know if it is a problem is when I am in Tenerife (or other destinations outside UK) then it will be too late! If it does happen again is there a free phone number I can contact the support team on, or would it be wiser to change network providers before I go?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi kempo23,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm disappointed to hear you were not satisfied with the support from our helpline.

I'm afraid we don't have a free phone number to call from abroad. I appreciate it's difficult to call especially if you've got no mobile network as you need to use a payphone or reception phone.

When did you last speak to the team?

Did the agent say roaming was now active?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos