Menu
Jif1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Need to enable phone in USA from US?

Hi,

we've just switched to Virgin mobile and didn't realise that we had to enable this in our accounts. We have tried logging in to our accounts but had difficulty logging in so we tried to change our passwords. Unfortunately we couldn't get this to work, password reset sent to text? Which we don't have as we have no mobile network.           here.

Is there some way we can get both our phones enabled for Using abroad without having to use a pay phone as there is not one near where we are at the moment.

thanks

Geoff

0 Kudos
Jif1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to enable phone in USA from US?

Just wanted to add - could we do a password reset on our accounts via our email rather than text?

Could the reason we can't login into our mobile online accounts be due to the system problems Virgin seem to be having at the moment?

when we tried to reset passwords nothing seemed to happen, so it could be that our original passwords could still be active?

0 Kudos
Jif1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When I try and login to my mobile account the connecting symbol just goes on for ever, I don't get an error message, it just stays on the same login page with the revolving connection symbol.

Can anyone at Virgin advise me on this please?

TIA

I have already chatted to 2 online help advisors who couldn't help me with this, I'm getting quite frustrated, I have been with Virgin media since it started and we have recently switched both out mobiles to Virgin, perhaps we should have stayed with O2

Tried to login again to my mobile account on my phone via wifi, same busy symbol going around and around. Did a refresh on the page and got this message - Ajax Request:error 0 :error

Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Geoff,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with roaming in the US. I want to get this all sorted for you.

So we can do this, I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps.  You can view this by clicking the purple envelope in the top right.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Jif1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting that sorted out for us Mat, appreciate it :-)

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all Geoff Smiley Happy

Have a great time!

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos