Menu
haywra
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Need to cancel my mum's VM phone account

Hi,

My mother is now living in a care home with late stage dementia and can no longer use her phone. For this reason I would like to close her account and close the direct debit attached to her account.

I have lasting Power of Attorney over her financial and health matters and can provide this information as required.

I am trying this way to get a response as my sister who holds the same POA (jointly/severally) has called previously and despite assurances from Virgin that someone would be in contact has never received a response.

Could someone please assist in providing the name and address (and also maybe the telephone number) of a department that can deal with this or provide details on the account website where the account can be closed? Is there a specific procedure which has to be followed?

Alternatively can the account be switched back from a pay monthly tariff to pay as you go so that at least my mother no longer has to pay for something she can no longer use? This is not possible via the website.

Many thanks,

David

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to cancel my mum's VM phone account

Hi David,

to speak with the cancelation team directly call 0345 183 1150 open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 9am-5pm, Sunday Closed.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
haywra
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The number doesn't connect. My mobile says the number doesn't exist. I've tried from other phones - just goes dead or gives out random tones.

Are there any other numbers?

David

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

you are correct, I've just tried to call it myself. This one works: 0800 183 1150

Alternatively you can use 789 from a Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone which will connect you to Virgin customer services (most likely a call centre in the Philippines) but they should still be able to help you or connect you to the correct department. 

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos