Menu
haarp
Settling in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Need advice on how to switch phones

I have an old phone from 2009 that uses the standard Virgin pay as you go sim cards that were available back then. I've got a Nexus 5 and need a micro sim. I have no idea how to switch over or if it's possible to keep the pay as you go etc. So what I'm looking for is a pay as you go micro sim package for a Nexus 5 and the ability to switch my old number to it. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
Lurcherlover
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need advice on how to switch phones

Just give them a call and ask for a replacement Micro SIM. There is a charge for this. You'll be sent a new SIM card with the same Mobile number which you can pop into your new phone.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can just request a new SIM by ringing 789 from your old handset for free. You can ask that a new micro sim be activated on your old number - just explain you need the new SIM because you're changing handsets

It's supposed to be free, but they don't always tell you that they charge a few quid for "next day" delivery. VM use Yodel - if it doesn't arrive "next day", be sure to request a refund of the charge.

Good luck

0 Kudos
haarp
Settling in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the help all

0 Kudos
Lurcherlover
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

SIM cards are sent by Royal Mail P&P free. It's only handsets that are sent by Yodel and I'm aware that this is free too at the moment.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That must be a new policy then. It was £2.99 last time I looked...

0 Kudos