Menu
trev747
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Nano sim

Can anybody please help? I'm changing my handset from an iPhone 4S to a 5S and therefore need to change my SIM card from a micro to the smaller nano. I've called customer services to request a new nano sim, only to be told that the smaller sim is in fact already incorporated within the micro sim and that I just need to push it out. Whilst on the phone to them I had the micro sim in hand and tried every which way to make it into a nano sim, with no success! There is no cut out and I'm reluctant to start cutting ...... Surely this is wrong? Do VM really send out a Micro sim with their iPhone 5 & 6 and expect the customer to cut? The only thing I can think is that I've had my micro sim from before the nano sim came into existence, therefore no cut out exists .... ? I did explain that to the 'advisor' but she wasn't having any of it. Grateful for some advise please.

0 Kudos
trev747
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nano sim

Ok, ignore the above post - I've answered my own question!! It's the age of my SIM card, which pre dates the nano SIM and therefore no cut out exists. Should mention excellent customer service from VM yet again, and new SIM card in the post. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Trev747,

Thanks for letting me know this is all sorted Smiley Happy

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
TGichigi
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I've received my nano sim, put it in my iPhone 5 (which was previously locked to O2), but it keeps saying No Sim. I thought it was a problem with the phone but O2 have confirmed its unlocked so I know it's a sim issue. Now my old Micro sim that I had in my iPhone 4 has stopped working altogether while this new one hasn't started working yet. 

I need access to my number asap so can anybody help? I've tried resetting, restarting, off/on, iTunes connect – the lot!

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi TGichigi,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you've been having some trouble with the sim. I want to get this all sorted for you Smiley Happy

A sim can take up to 24 hours to activate. Are you still having issues with this? Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos