Menu
moelfre
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

NO ROAMING IN SPAIN

Arrived in Spain. No signal and no welcome message.

My account says roaming is ON.

Call sublist Call forwarding/Call Barring/Additional Settings all say"Network or Simcard error".

Everything was OK in UK before leaving.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: NO ROAMING IN SPAIN

Hi moelfre,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear roaming isn't working for you in Spain. Appreciate this can be frustrating.

It looks like you've already checked roaming is active on your account which is great. Its worth making sure international call barring is turned off also.

To do this log into Your Account

Click on plan and device

Click the tab manage services

You can also check that the international call barring option to stop calls abroad isn't set to on.  If it is move the slider to off and click update. This will present you with a green success message. It may take up to 24hrs for this to go live on your account.

You could also try the following steps if roaming is on:

Turn your phone off and then back on again

Go into your phone settings and select a network manually.

Try removing your phone’s battery, while it’s still switched on – this helps reboot it and find a local network 

If after these steps you are still experiencing difficulties give our mobile team a call on +44345 6000 789 so we can take a further look into this for you.

Let me know how it goes.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi moelfre,

I didn't hear back from you regarding your roaming issue.

Did you mange to get roaming working?

If you need anything just let me know.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Andrew1010
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

None of these threads ever suggest VM found or sortrf the problem. Stephen you have been posting the same canned response despite lots of evidence that there are problems. can we have a new general advice page that breaks down what are the problems and comes clean that parts of the roaming system have been down for days

Please!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew1010,

Thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear about your issues using roaming when abroad. Appreciate this is frustrating for you.

I am not aware of any current issues with our roaming system abroad. We are aware that the number to call us when abroad is down and this has been flagged to the relevant technical team to resolve.

On the community there are some instances of roaming not working but hopefully the advice I've given helps get this resolved. 

I've provided a link here to a previous post where a customer came back to acknowledge it was resolved through the steps I provided.

Many thanks

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Andrew1010
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen nice to know you are there and realise you probably have a thankless task, but this is the first time you have confirmed to my knowledge any fault with the help number.

It is hard for me to accurately fault find from just personal experience and others comments on here but I would suggest that the following issues need looking at and new advice shared on here.

- That the overseas help line was/is down
- That the travel pass text service was/is down
- That customers stranded abroad without service tend to have hotel WiFi, so an email help contact is required (theteam@virginmobile.com) or more help here
- That there is some kind of issue with account settings for roaming resetting or what is shown in the online account settings not reflecting actual state.

Sorry,.but holiday spoilt by issues with roaming....calls sorted by the team (without explaination) but data never worked...

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew1010,

Thanks for your response Smiley Happy

I can understand where you're coming from with your issues. Unfortunately, emailing the team will have a much longer response timescale than calling us as they have a workload that will need to be processed in the order it's received.

This is why we suggest calling us on +447953967967 from any other phone while abroad. Any previous issues with the number have now been resolved.

You can also call us for free on 789 while you're home and we can check the status of the roaming to ensure you don't have the same issues. Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos