Menu
signalesstwat
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

NO CONNECTION TO NETWORK ABROAD

I've been abroad for over 24 hours and my phone will not connect to any service provider. The help page of the website advises using a chat service that doesn't exist / ever engage and work, or phone which is impossible (see content of problem above). Before switching to Virgin 3 months ago I was a vodafone customer and never experienced this kind of negelect. I'm traveling with somebody using O2 and they are experiencing excellent service. All I want is my phone to connect, please advise how to make this happen.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: NO CONNECTION TO NETWORK ABROAD

Hi signalesstwat,

If you log in to your account > click on  the "Plan and device" tab from the row near the top of the page.

Go to "Manage my services" check that "Roaming" is ON & "International call barring" is OFF

If this was your problem and you have to change the setting. Allow time for your account to update then reboot your phone by turning it off & on again.

If you are still unable to use your phone you should be able to use the web chat option to speak to an advisor starting from here: Help and Support - Contact Us > Mobile > Mobile not working > Chat online.

The advisors are sometimes busy though so you may not get connected straight away.

Or perhaps you may borrow your friends O2 phone to call Virgin Mobile UK support line on: +447953 967 967 and see if they are able to help you.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
signalesstwat
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am not registered for an online account to adjust my mobile settings and after trying to use the chat service many times over a day it was never available. I respect my friend not wanting me to borrow their phone and call the uk from Mauritus, charged at an extortionate rate to sit on hold waiting in line. Is there an email address I can contact. It's so simple, somebody authorised just needs to make it happen.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi signalesstwat,

I'm afraid that Virgin Mobile don't have an email address. Only the contact options that I mentioned in my previous post.

You can register here: Registration

This forum is monitored by Virgin staff but it may take a while before this thread gets picked up.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
signalesstwat
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've tried the registration but when I put my phone number in it prompts me to put in the answer to a security question, the problem is there is no security question, just a box for the answer.
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Did you give them a security phrase when you first signed up?

Its usually something like the name of your first school, name of your first dog etc.

0 Kudos