Menu
BandP
Settling in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mystery texts from my mobile - help

Every week, at the same time 3 (expensive) texts are shown in my account as outgoing from my mobile.  There is no indication on my mobile of them. They are to a 7000***** number.

Does anyone know how I can block them please?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mystery texts from my mobile - help

Read my post just near the top on premium texts Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BandP wrote:

Every week, at the same time 3 (expensive) texts are shown in my account as outgoing from my mobile.  There is no indication on my mobile of them. They are to a 7000***** number.

Does anyone know how I can block them please?

Hi BandP,

outgoing? As you are not sending them from your phone they may be being generated by an app that has permission to do so.

Did you install something new prior to the start of these outgoing texts.

Check your phone carefully.

As a last resort it might be worth giving customer services a call (free on 789). They may able to place a restriction on your account baring premium rate texts. (I'm not sure about this but I know "Premium call barring" is available from your online account).

Let us know how you get on.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

BandP
Settling in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Update - they're labelled as premium texts received - not outgoing!  I was receiving 3 unwanted texts weekly, at the same time, from some company telling me I'd won a prize.  I blocked them from coming onto my phone so now can't find the number.  However, I now feel sure these are the culprits.  I'll contact Virgin and see if they can help first.

0 Kudos
BandP
Settling in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Final update - I hope

I contacted Virgin and, as they were all from the same number they advised I text STOP to 80199.  I did this and immediately received a text reply telling me I'd been removed from www.voucher.me.uk.  Great.  

Thanks for your help everyone.  You pointed me in the right direction which enabled me to stop them.

BandP

0 Kudos