Menu
Snookie
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Mystery Premium Text Charge from/to number 84000

I have a very simple Nokia phone that is used for the occasional text or phone call - this month I have made no calls at all yet but I have been charged 10p for an erroneous text (84000) that I have neither sent or received.

This text was supposedly sent or received yesterday at 10.45 and coincidently I received a phone call from my Mum via my Nokia to my car's hands free Bluetooth system at 10.44 yesterday.  Could the two events be connected?  Do Virginmedia, Nokia or Honda charge a connection charge when using the car's hands free system?  The phone call was made from the UK and received in the UK so it is not an overseas connection charge.

Does anyone have ideas please?

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mystery Premium Text Charge from/to number 84000

A quick search seems to suggest that the number is associated with Nokia - so they may well be related.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mystery Premium Text Charge from/to number 84000

Hi Snookie,

Welcome to the Community Forum, sorry to hear that you have been charged for a text that you haven't made. 

It's great to see that enlli has provided some more information on this for you.

Give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 so that we can access your account and look into this further for you.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos