Menu
neersan22
Just joined
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Myphone faulty sent back to virgin in their packaging royal mail lose it what now

I shouldnt have to deal with this surely virgin should sort it im under contract

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Myphone faulty sent back to virgin in their packaging royal mail lose it what now

Hi Neersan22,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that your phone was lost in Transit. I'm afraid it's not possible for us to replace the phone if it's been lost in transit.

You would need to open a case with Royal Mail. They will attempt to locate the parcel before making a decision.

You can find all the info you need on this page here. Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
geordiechris
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Myphone faulty sent back to virgin in their packaging royal mail lose it what now

Surely if the customer has returned the item using your labelled and prepaid packaging then it should be Virgin chasing things up!

Royal Mail have accepted the prepaid package to return the item because of a contract between Virgin and Royal Mail therefore Virgin are the customer here not the person returning the item.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

geordiechris wrote:
Surely if the customer has returned the item using your labelled and prepaid packaging then it should be Virgin chasing things up!

Virgin weren't there when the item was handed over at the post office.

What's to stop the OP putting the phone on ebay as "damaged", and then just saying to Virgin "Yeah I posted it, if you didn't get it that's your problem"?

0 Kudos
geordiechris
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The point I was making was that it shouldn't be down to Virgin's customer to chase the parcel.

All the customer needs to do is to give Virgin details from the Royal Mail receipt (proof of posting) that is issued at the time of posting/returning the item, this then gives Virgin all the info they need for them to chase it. As I stated in my previous post, it is Virgin who has the contract with Royal Mail as they've paid for this service, not the customer who is returning the item and therefore it should be them that the onus is on to find out what's going on.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's certainly an interesting one but I reckon* that the post office would also want this to be chased up by the person who would be the one entitled to the compensation for any loss on their part.

I'll ask on the legal forum.

* Only my opinion - and in the absence of statements of fact, no more relevant than anyone else's opinion

0 Kudos
geordiechris
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Did your phone ever materialise Neersan?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Gorf wrote:

I'll ask on the legal forum.

Well it didn't elicit the volume of response that you usually get from such questions. Only two people replied - one stating categorically that it's the sender who's responsible, the other stating that Royal Mail is a special case in that it allows either party to raise a complaint.

0 Kudos