Menu
89Istvan89
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My virgin media sim doesnt work abroad

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p320x320/13417570_1106272969430115_8936419976392358877...

In last year september it was working perfectly. but now its not working.
I called virin media, they said it should work, so i guess my settings are changed.
So i reset my phone , the manufacurer one. 
The operating system didnt change anyway (that was to point)
What can i do to get service? ?Would be very important.
Bye
(*******@gmail.com)

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Tags (1)
  • Tags:
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
KAM1979
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My virgin media sim doesnt work abroad

Hi There,

If the roaming hasn't been used for 3 months or over, it will deactivate on the service itself. do you know if this was refreshed when you called in? If not, you can have this refreshed on your account. It can take up to 48 hours if your out of the country to take affect on your service, however there can be such a big delay that it wont active until you are back in the UK.

Its normally best to have this feature refreshed 2-3 days before you leave that will insure that the service is fully up and running before you leave.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

KAM1979 wrote:

Hi There,

If the roaming hasn't been used for 3 months or over, it will deactivate on the service itself.

Hi, do you know where it states this? If it is true then it is one of the stupidest things I've heard, but that's not difficult with Virgin.

All Replies
KAM1979
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi There,

If the roaming hasn't been used for 3 months or over, it will deactivate on the service itself. do you know if this was refreshed when you called in? If not, you can have this refreshed on your account. It can take up to 48 hours if your out of the country to take affect on your service, however there can be such a big delay that it wont active until you are back in the UK.

Its normally best to have this feature refreshed 2-3 days before you leave that will insure that the service is fully up and running before you leave.

enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

KAM1979 wrote:

Hi There,

If the roaming hasn't been used for 3 months or over, it will deactivate on the service itself.

Hi, do you know where it states this? If it is true then it is one of the stupidest things I've heard, but that's not difficult with Virgin.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

enlli wrote:

KAM1979 wrote:

Hi There,

You beat me to it enlli Smiley Happy

I was about to ask the same.

If it's true, presumably only for pay monthly customers as roaming is on by default for pay as you go customers.

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I haven't heard that either, but I do check my online account and ring the 789 automated service to check roaming is setup ok before going away each time.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
uk_friendly
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Teabag I did all that too, but it didn't help. By the way I think Virgin reset roaming earlier than 3 months, more like 2 as it worked in April but not now in June.
0 Kudos
89Istvan89
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there
My roaming is os, as you can see
https://postimg.org/image/f803rv0xj/
But still struggling. I mean you meant like I should de activate it first and than re activate it again?? Do you think it would work? I can't call them Smiley Sad thanks for your help! Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi 89Istvan89,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I deeply apologise for not being able to use your phone abroad.

I can see someone has refreshed this for you this morning. Due to being in a different country this could take anything between 24-48 to activate. After this period, please restart the handset and manually select a network.

I'd be very keen to hear the outcome so please keep me informed.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
89Istvan89
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I will let you know about everything.
However on f book, on the virgin media official site I did make a post and let them know about my problems.
They are guessing what has gone wrong..
Nothing worked for me yet.
Like I said I put my virgin sim to an other (4other) device S and it didn't work, so it's not about my phone...
I can use my Hungarian card and it works perfectly tho.
I downloaded two different applications from the Google play store, wich tells me every information of my sim card. And fortunately it let me know that it can be read, so it should work (at first I thought the UK sim broke down, dead) but no.
The application told me everything, so it should work. Check the pictures what I've uploaded there as well.
Two or three days ago, you ll find it there anyway.
Cheers
0 Kudos
uk_friendly
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

1.Check roaming is set to on your Virgin account
2.Check international call barring is set to off on your Virgin account
3.Set manually Virgin's recommended telco for country you are in (or going to be in 24hrs later?).
4.Set your phone sim settings to roaming. Data as well if you need it
5.Wait 24hours
6. Hope for the best
0 Kudos