Menu
Brillo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My phone number ported to the wrong phone & my number deleted by VM

My wife was with O2 & decided there was a better deal with Virgin Mobile & we have Virgin Internet & home phone too. She decided to keep her number from O2 & got a PAC number. I gave my account details, the PAC number with my wife's phone number. My daughters phone is under my account too. A while later I received a message on MY phone that MY number would change. I rang back quickly & spoke to someone else & explained the situation & she could see that it was changing & ported to MY phone. She sent an urgent message to the porting team to stop it. However the next day my phone number changed to my wife's number & I was seething. I rang back & talked to a manager but she said my number was not available & I would have to get another sim & number. I removed the sim & installed it In my wife's phone. The phone plan is still under my new contact phone. I now don't have a contract plan & as of yesterday didn't have a number. I have contacted Virgin Media several Times via Facebook Chat & Twitter. I have rung about 3 or 4 times now trying to sort this out. I was on hold for over 30 minutes before I got fed up then 20 minutes before I got cut off. I finally spoke to someone last night at about 9pm when someone was supposed to contact me at 6pm. They added £20 to my sim & said it was a rather challenging case. I was told today someone was going to contact me but no one has. I have had my phone number over 10 years. Contacts include my daughters school, dentist & many contacts They would all need to know a new number & texting would take time. I have registered a complaint with Ofcom & filled in a complaint form with VM. All I get from VM is "we will be in touch". I can see the difficulty. As I have no number as of the last few days, how can they move my plan to a number that I don't have any more. We will be in touch. Yes, but now after a week. No, it seems like I am the one to try to get in touch with VM. A complete farce comes to mind & no one wants to deal with it! I will try again now.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: My phone number ported to the wrong phone & my number deleted by VM

Hi Brillo,

Thanks for posting.

I sincerely apologise for the troubles you've had trying to port a number over from O2 only for it to be transferred on to the wrong SIM card. I can understand your frustration as you've said everyone has your number and it's a nightmare to update them all with a new one.

You said you've completed a complaint form; did you get this from Facebook or Twitter?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Brillo
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes I got it from Facebook  number.1303678917. My wife's account is now linked to my Samsung S5 phone on the Virgin mobile account page & now pays less as she was on a £10 tariff & now on my old tariff . I had to re register with telephone banking. I tried to register on line but had to send a message to my old number that was deleted to register the new. In the end I had to ring my bank & speak to someone who changed  it manually. I was without a phone for nearly a week. The number that she was porting over too was eventually deleted as it was surplus.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brillo,

Thanks for coming back to me. I'm not sure about the reference number as I don't do Facebook.

After reading your post I'm trying to determine whether this problem has been resolved. Has everything been sorted now?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Brillo
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Nobody has been in touch.

I am apparently in a queue. It was a nightmare ringing the call centre in the Philippines. I was on hold or cut off. They didn't seem to understand the problem & was told to ring back. I have a new sim which I BOUGHT from Sainsbury. I opened the pack to see if I could remember the number. If Virgin deleted my number I wanted a number that I could remember. After all I could remember my number after over 15 years & it was deleted. The number was pay as you go so had to transfer over to 30 day rolling sim. My 2 year contract was deleted by Virgin so don't have a contract now & my wife's phone is attributed to my device.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brillo,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear your issues continue and you've not heard back from us.

I would like to get this looked into. I will send you a private message shortly (red envelope top left hand side).

Speak soon.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brillo,

I didn't hear back from youSmiley Happy

Was just wondering if you'd heard anything back.

Let me know if you need anything.

Cheers

Steve

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Brillo
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No one has contacted me since I filled in the complaint form earlier this month. My wife's phone number is linked to my device & plan. Her plan was on a temporary SIM what was being ported over. However it was ported over to mine for some reason. I am now on a new phone number with 30 day rolling contract. I had to buy another sim card from Sainsbury which was Pay as you go & convert it to a rolling contract. Since Virgin deleted my phone number which I had for 14 years I thought that I would at least like a number I could remember so opened & picked the SIM card in the shop. I just didn't want one that was sent to me with any old number. I only speak to numerous people in the Philippines who don't understand & ask me to ring back. In the end after weeks & many phone calls & being placed on hold. I was without a phone for a week & have received no reimbursement for the inconvenience, lack of number & paying for a sim. I still have to contact my daughters school with my new number in case of emergency.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brillo,

My sincere apologies you have not heard back from us. Appreciate your frustration with this.

I will resend you the private message with all the details again so we can get this looked into. 

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos