Menu
kriswilson
Joining in
Message 11 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: My phone doesnt ring, but goes to voice mail

Terri_P

Thanks for the quick response. I have now manually selected Virgin as my carrier, it was on automatic before. Note: there was two, one Virgin and one virgin. I chose the foremost.

In answer to your other queries, yes I ported a number and yes this is the replacement SIM that I’m currently using

Thanks,
Kris
0 Kudos
SteveN5
Joining in
Message 12 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I have manually selected the network and this has solved the issue. I don't have a port number and I haven't had a new SIM.

Thank you

Steve

0 Kudos
kriswilson
Joining in
Message 13 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Terri_P, 

Still my problem persists, twice today i've had customers say they have called my phone and it goes straight to engaged tone with no option for voicemail. I receive no notification on the phone that anyone has tried to call. 

When will this be sorted? For weeks now i have had to suffer this inconvenience - if Virgin cant provide me with adequate service, release me from my contract and i'll go elsewhere. 

0 Kudos
kriswilson
Joining in
Message 14 of 21
Flag for a moderator

No update from Terri_P in the last 5 days, yet another client gone elsewhere due to being unable to contact me. 

I'll try a direct message and if still not joy i'll be going to the Ombudsman.

Sick of this poor service.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 15 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Reports of this happening on other makes as well.

As 4G is data only the phone should detect the call and drop down to 3G but this is not happening for some reason.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi kriswilson,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your post. If you change your network setting to 3G does this stop the problem?

@enlli is correct, some handsets aren't automatically switching the network between 4G to 3G/2G and if there is a signal issue in the area, this could also cause calls to go straight to voicemail as well.

I will also send you a private message asking for more details so that I can check your network and settings. Just click on the envelope icon at the top of this page.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
kriswilson
Joining in
Message 17 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Is this a Virgin fault? I was with O2 for years and latterly when 4g was available, not once did I have a problem with calls not being able to get through
0 Kudos
richardjames73
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I have resorted to switching my phone to 3G which is crazy. I believe Virgin has something seriously wrong with the network and the handover of 4G to 3G calls. When at work, my phone switches from 4G to 3G when a call is incoming, but the call still goes to voicemail. 

0 Kudos
kriswilson
Joining in
Message 19 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I have to agree, I’m absolutely dumbfounded how difficult it’s been since switching to Virgin.
The current support being offered by Terri_P is the last option I’ll try before taking Virgin to the obundasman to allow me out of the contract. Never ever have I had issues being able to receive a call.
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 20 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Try setting the number of rings before the phone diverts to voicemail. Make it 30 seconds and see what happens

Let us know if it works

Here's how:

1. Enter this code into your phone: **61*+447953222222**30#
  2. Press the call or answer key - your phone will do the rest

This will mean that your phone rings for 30 seconds before diverting to voicemail. You can alter this to ring for 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 seconds by replacing **30# with your choice of seconds. E.g. enter **15# if you want it to ring for 15 seconds. The most you can extend it to is 30 seconds.

0 Kudos