Menu
SteveN5
Joining in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

My phone doesnt ring, but goes to voice mail

When someone phones my iPhone 6s plus it doesn't ring at my end, but it rings 3 times at their end before going to voice mail. I have phoned Virgin on 2 occasions and been told they have now reset my voice mail and everything should be fine after I switch my phone off and then back on 5 minutes later. I have had no luck and still cant receive calls. I have only had the phone for a few weeks, it worked fine at 1st but once my contracts changed over(both with Virgin) the problem started.

0 Kudos
smoggyrich
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: My phone doesnt ring, but goes to voice mail

Im having the same problem as this on an iphone 6s. 

Only upgraded two weeks ago and ive had 2 new sim cards and a completely new phone.

I've posted a question on here as well as i think the help centre has ran out of ideas.

hope we can get a solution to this problem.

Out of interest do you receive calls if you select 3G from the mobile data settings? mine does. 

0 Kudos
SteveN5
Joining in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Just tried that and yes I can receive calls on 3G

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi SteveN5 and @smoggyrich,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your mobile service. Has this been resolved for you since your post?

If you are still having an issue with this, please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me here and provide the following details:

• Full name on the account
  • Mobile number

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
kriswilson
Joining in
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Steven, 

Did this ever get sorted? I've recently changed to Virgin and have the same thing happening to me for the last few months. I've called Virgin multiple times and have had a new sim but still I have this problem. 
I was previously with O2 for 10 years and never have I once had customers say they couldn't reach me on my mobile.

Thanks, 
Kris

0 Kudos
SteveN5
Joining in
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Never been sorted, although I haven't had a new sim, I just continue to use on 3G.

0 Kudos
kriswilson
Joining in
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Disappointing. I've had the same issue for over a month and also have just been given a new sim to try that. My mobile is used for business calls and its ridiculous how many opportunities i'm missing since moving from O2 to Virgin. Big mistake moving to save a few £ a month.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi SteveN5,

Thanks for your post on the Community and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with calls going straight to voicemail. Has this been sorted out for your since your post?

If you are still having a problem with this, please try the following:

• Manually select the network (Please use Interactive Handsets for assistance with this)
  • Have you had a number port on this mobile number?
  • Have you tried a replacement SIM card?

If you are still having an issue with this, please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me here and provide the following details:

Full name on the account
Mobile number

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
kriswilson
Joining in
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

SteveN5, Terri_P,

Would you mind updating this thread if you get it resolved please? My issue is still ongoing.

Thanks,
Kris
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kris,

Thanks for your post on the Community and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with calls going straight to voicemail as well. I will need to ask you the same questions I sent to SteveN5:

Please try the following:

• Manually select the network (Please use Interactive Handsets for assistance with this)
  • Have you had a number port on this mobile number?
  • Have you tried a replacement SIM card?

• Full name on the account
  • Mobile number

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos