Menu
Sarge2268
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My phone does not work in greece but my wife's does and there the same phone/contract etc

We both have the same samsung 5 neo,both have received "welcome to greece " message
Both say they are set up to work abroad
Her's works fine mine does nothing
This has happened for the last 6yrs of going to greece
0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My phone does not work in greece but my wife's does and there the same phone/contract etc

Log into your Virgin Mobile account. Click on 'Plan and device'. 'Roaming' needs to be set ON and 'International call barring' needs to be OFF. If they're not then correct. Wait a while and then power your phone off and on again. Since you're abroad it might take some time for the change to take effect.

Otherwise you will have to ring Customer Services in the UK and ask them to sort it out. Calling from abroad - Virgin mobile UK support line is +447953 967 967. Good luck with that.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My phone does not work in greece but my wife's does and there the same phone/contract etc

Hi Sarge2268,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry that your phone isn't working while abroad in Greece.  Apologies as well for the delay in responding to your post. It's great that Enceladus1 has been able to give you advice on this and how to get in touch with us.

Has this been sorted out for you now? If it hasn't, please let me know and I'll look into this for you. I'll need to verify your details first, so I'll send you a private message requesting more information. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos