Menu
Liquid778
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My phone does not register with any network in Cyprus

Hi! 
I would really appreciate your assistance on this.

I am travelling to Cyprus a lot, and data packages used to work just fine here. However, last month (so over 4 weeks ago) - my phone stopped connecting to any of the mobile providers (Cyta, Areeba etc), and says that only emergency calls are available.

I have tried this and this. Actually, I have tried everything - even bought a new phone (android). Nothing works. It wouldnt connect automatically nor manually. Nothing changes if i play with settings in my Virgin account. Topped up different amounts of £.

When I travel to other countries - everything seems to work just fine. As soon as I arrive here - it wouldnt find the network. I cannot receive calls/nor sms.

I am currently in Cyprus myself, therefore experiencing loads of inconvenience! 

Would appreciate any comments on that!
Thank you.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My phone does not register with any network in Cyprus

Ok, so you have checked that international roaming and data roaming are active on the phone, that international calls are not barred on the phone and that when your phone is set to look for a 2/3/4G network, (I know your phone won't pick up 4G as it's a virgin sim)

That your Virgin web account is set to on for roaming, international calls and data roaming, so it sounds like an issue back at base, leave all the settings on the Phone as they are, on your web account set the international roaming to OFF, after about ten minutes switch back on, after about six or so hours reboot your phone every hour or so, this can take twenty four hours to resolve, after 24 hours if not working do a manual network selection. Ensure the phone is switched off between attempts
0 Kudos
Liquid778
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi J0hn!

Thank you for your comments!

I have tried following your suggestions - still no luck. Do you know what else it could be? Keeping in mind that the sim card still does work in the UK and other non-EU countries.
Thank you!

Stacie.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stacie,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry that your roaming services aren't working in Cyprus. 

I'd like to look into this, but I'll need to take more information from you first.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos